Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Have one of those "weather station" gizmos that transmit telemetry to a receiver/screen in the house. This morning as I was taking the dog out, and glanced at it, going out the door. It showed the temp as being 1. Wind chill indication was -6. :surprise:

I know for some of you across the U.S. and especially Canada, that those are not unusually cold temps for this time of year, but around here, that's getting to within about 10 or 12 degrees of as cold as it ever gets. I don't like this! It's why I don't live in Siberia! :devil:

The deep freeze happened quickly yesterday. Even after the 5 inches of slush was cleared yesterday, the surfaces stayed wet. Today everything is iced up, and will likely stay that way at least until tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
1 deg in New Bedford mASS atm

·
Registered
340 Posts
I blew the driveway this morning in that lovely 0* and 10 mph or so of wind. At least it was a quick job, only 3" or so and a small plow pile, as I'd cleared the afternoon buildup as well as the piles from the street and sidewalk plows yesterday evening. Fortunately I'm working from home today (girlfriend had to go in to work though).

·
Registered
102 Posts
So we got about 6 or so inches, but it was watered down to about 1 1/2 of slush. Cleared that yesterday in about 26 degrees. Today its 0 to -1 ,or 2 with wind chill about -26.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
How cold is it? It's so cold the local flasher was arrested for describing himself to women.

How cold is it? It's so cold dogs are sticking to fire hydrants.

How cold is it? It's so cold snowmen are trying to get inside

How cold is it? It's so cold the cat's face stuck to the birdbath...

·
Registered
267 Posts
How cold is it? It's so cold the local flasher was arrested for describing himself to women.

How cold is it? It's so cold dogs are sticking to fire hydrants.

How cold is it? It's so cold snowmen are trying to get inside

How cold is it? It's so cold the cat's face stuck to the birdbath...

LOL......:smile_big:

JSUP,

A couple more:

It's so cold today that the rock I thought was rattling around inside my shoe, was actually one of my toes!

It's so cold, that for once, the politicians here in Massachusetts are keeping their hands in their own pockets!

1 - 20 of 226 Posts