Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen it many times and people post the model and serial and others give the year, How do you see that LOL I just picked up another Snotek the day after the last one left to it's new home and trying to figure out the year, guy said it's only a yr and a half old but we all know how honest some sellers can be LOL Anyhow it is model 920402 and serial 139040 so since the model has been going since 2013 I think how do you figure out the date out of the serial number?

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
From 1960 to 2008, almost half a century, you could accurately get the exact year for an Ariens with the snowblower model number and the Tecumseh serial number, because the Tecumseh serial number contained a date code for the one specific year.

Since 2008, and the demise of Tecumseh, its been more difficult to get the exact year, but Ariens usually only makes one model number for 1, 2, or 3 years at most..so you can get close..not as good as the exact year we could get before 2008, but its still within a year or two, so its not too bad..

Except for one model number, which very unusually has been in production for 8 model years! 2011 through 2018..totally unheard of! has never happened before..there has only been one model in all of Ariens history that has done this..can you guess which model number it is? ;)

https://scotlawrence.github.io/ariens/Page9.html

I'll take a look at manuals and see if anything can be determined from Ariens serial number..

Scot

1 - 2 of 2 Posts