Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm beating a dead horse and this topic was covered on here before but...the dealer told me that the new Ariens I bought with 254cc with 12.5 ft lbs of torque is equal to close to 9 HP,I thought I it was around 7hp.is he incorrect,or is it over 8hp? Thanks

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I know I'm beating a dead horse and this topic was covered on here before but...the dealer told me that the new Ariens I bought with 254cc with 12.5 ft lbs of torque is equal to close to 9 HP,I thought I it was around 7hp.is he incorrect,or is it over 8hp? Thanks
Per LCT's service manual see page 3 it is 7.5hp which seems correct. The dealer saying 9hp was exaggerated.

http://lctusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/PGM45015_Online-Service-Man_revE_080816.pdf

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I think it probably is closer to around 7 - 8 horsepower. This is compiling all the different threads I have read about conversions and the CC to horsepower ratings. Im not sure but if the engines use upgraded parts like ball bearings this could equate to better performance and horsepower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts