Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will start off, I inherited my fathers 1978 powerking 1614 with 48' snowblower w/ a 3pt hitch.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
I bought the Montgomery wards tractor last summer, wish I did have a blower for it

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
1964 Wheel Horse:

Scot's Wheel Horse Page

I have been casually looking for a plow/blade for it, haven't found one yet.
There was also a snowblower attachment for it.
I would prefer the blade for use in small amounts of slush, I dont really need the
snowblower attachment for it, since I already have my Ariens walk-behind snowblowers.

Right now I only use the tractor as a mower, and to haul dirt, mulch and brush with its dump cart..I dont use it at all in the winter, but I might if I ever find the plow to fit it.

Scot

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tractors, I would have go and count them!! LOL But if you mean with snow removal equipment. I have a 69 Bolens 1225 with blade and chains. That locking diff ,really can push snow!! Then a 79 Bolens QT17 with Blower and cab. Never used it. Cub Cadet 782 with blade. Just got last year and it does not run now. Wating for repair. Another blade for a Bolens tractor might fit my 900.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
JD 160 and 185, Sears Hydro 18/46 and last fall I picked up a Wheel Horse 256-6 with a deck, tiller and blower that I'm rebuilding. Once it's up and running will be whittling down the heard.
The 185 has the peach (pink) hood. It was a young girls pulling tractor in another life. That took a lot of work converting it back to a lawn tractor.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
looks like I'm going to have to make a trip to Hudson, wi to pick up a toro :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
When I first bought this farm, I had a Ford 8N with a Front End Loader and a Scraper Blade, and an Allis Chalmers DW45 with a Back-Hoe.

Both of them required more time maintaining them than I spent using them.

And besides that, everybody and his Brother wanted to borrow them for free !

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tractors, I would have go and count them!! LOL But if you mean with snow removal equipment. I have a 69 Bolens 1225 with blade and chains. That locking diff ,really can push snow!! Then a 79 Bolens QT17 with Blower and cab. Never used it. Cub Cadet 782 with blade. Just got last year and it does not run now. Wating for repair. Another blade for a Bolens tractor might fit my 900.
It does not have to be snow related

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
And besides that, everybody and his Brother wanted to borrow them for free !

I would have been in that line but I always try to do something in exchange for my use. Either pay $, beer, LOF, repair some wiring, ... they always seem to need something. :wacko:

I always hate when you ask to borrow something and you get a poorly working and or broken tool.

·
Registered
397 Posts
". . . I always hate when you ask to borrow something and you get a poorly working and or broken tool . . ."
That sounds like what I would get back.

I seldom borrow anything; but when I do, I return it clean, sharp, and fueled up.

Isn't there an old Indian Proverb about tools being just like a Man's Wife . . . . you should always return them better than you found them !

I'm from Milwaukee, and I ought to know.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I have a number of two and four wheel tractors. My collection includes three Toro Wheel Horse 5xi (including the rare diesel version), three Wheel Horse "Blackhoods" (including a diesel conversion), two Wheel Horse 300/400 series, three Gravely walk behinds, three Simplicity/Montgomery Ward walk behinds, and a David Bradley walk behind.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
I think you need to add a snow plow to your fleet
it is hard to find about anything for my tractor, closest plow was in indy which is a 4 to 5hr drive which is why I want a toro or JD tractor

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
There is a young man over on Lawn Mower Forums (sister site to this one) who rebuilds lawn tractors and what not along with his father. He's got quite a collection and is quite talented, I am always very impressed with what he does.

·
Registered
595 Posts
My Ingersoll 7020 4x4 Loader has been invaluable during landscaping projects.
100% Made in USA

Officially rated at 950 lbs lift capacity, but I've lifted well over 1000 lbs with a proper counterweight attached to the 3PH.
The ONLY loader this size designed as a loader first and tractor second.
Originally designed by the industrial division of Case.
Empty weight is 1,750 lbs and with the counterweight attached, 2,350 lbs.
It is entirely hydraulic driven (not hydrostatic)... from one hydraulic pump using SAE 30 motor oil as hydraulic fluid (by design).
The 4ft hydraulic tiller is incredible.
I had flush mounted bucket teeth professionally welded onto the bucket last summer, and they transformed the machine from a scoop/lift machine into a superb digger.
I'm the original owner and bought it from an old Ingersoll dealer in PA 2 years ago.
Drove 1,655 miles each way to pick it up.
You only see 2-3 for sale each year, so I jumped on it when I found it.
It now has 80 hrs on it.
I have the following...
4ft back blade
4ft box blade
10" moldboard plow
chain drag
weight box with 1,200 lbs of tractor weights that I can add/remove
Future mods will be a factory quick release adapter, then a set of pallet forks and debris forks and maybe a larger quick release bucket for lighter materials such as compost/mulch.

If we ever have a 2ft snow storm, I'd probably use it for snow removal, but otherwise it hibernates during the winter.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Funny you mentioned this one! I just saw an Ingersol tractor along side the road by my folks place for sale yesterday! I was intrigued but didn't stop....... posted at $675 without anything but a mower deck on it but who knows...? I may have to track back next weekend and get a closer look!! ;>P Not that I need another machine.....

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Not exactly a tractor I suppose... jus' my lil lawnmower.

Kubota AMX-3, D1105 3 cylinder diesel, cuts the grass all over the 'hood.

A fine morning will see the trash lashed to the rear for hauling to the garbage station.

Or sometimes just a cooler bag filled with brewskis hung on the back bumper, to visit the neighbors. Be a bit embarrassing to turn up empty-handed.

4WD, four-wheel steering. Just in case they're in a tough spot to get to. ;)

:eek:ccasion14:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts