Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to ask,

The link is below, with the price and details. The person said the engine will start and he said there is no scoring and the inside of the engine looks good. Not sure why a muffler and head gasket would go. IS that a sign that something bad happened or that it is poorly made?

Seems like a nice person selling it, but I just thought if someone had a spare minute they might have an opinion.

snow blower, yard man 7hp, handy man special

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
At $100 you might get a few more seasons out of it. The amount of rust on the bucket, and the relative thinness of the metal means that without some serious intervention, it's not going to last for long. And I am saying this without seeing the business end of things.

Economically, if you get 4 years out of it then you will have a machine for roughly $25 a year, plus parts cost. So it could be viable, as long as you understand that there is a finite life to this.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The rust on machine would need to be cleaned up and repainted for sure. It's also missing skids and the recoil starter is broken so you'd be looking at an another $40-$50 in addition to the muffler and head gasket. I normally wouldn't shy away from an MTD made machine for short money but I'd pass on this one.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Pass. You can do better.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Are you sure about the recoil being missing? I think the shell is there, but I agree that I do not see the pull handle from the pics. That could be a relatively simple fix at little to no cost.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Recoil assembly is there but "broken", I agree an easy and cheap fix. This blower is a nickle and dime you to death special.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
move on to the next snowblower this one isn't worth your money

1 - 9 of 9 Posts