Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Yard King performance 10/29 year 2002 I paid $1150.00 for it back then.
Only used 10 - 15 It has a 10 hp Tecumseh engine. runs like new.
I live in northern IL, I just got a Power Max HD 928 OHXE (38801) with power steering
Thanks

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
$600-$700, $450 would be a bargain, if nothing needs to be done, belts, oil, plug, lubed

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was gonna say 500ish this time of year (less in Spring). I wouldn't bring up the year in a Craigslist ad, just condition and say it has low hours.

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
$600-$700, $450 would be a bargain, if nothing needs to be done, belts, oil, plug, lubed

Maybe in NJ! ;) but I doubt he will see that much in Northern Illinois..
I would say $300 max, in December, and thats low because of the brand name..
(Its a Murray..not very deseriable im afriad..)

Scot

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Maybe in NJ! ;) but I doubt he will see that much in Northern Illinois..
I would say $300 max, in December, and that's low because of the brand name..
(Its a Murray..not very desireable I'm afraid..)

Scot
It's a MTD, not a Murray. $300? I'm shocked, Da..! Really? $300! I'm still shocked. I haven't recovered.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
It's a MTD, not a Murray. $300? I'm shocked, Da..! Really? $300! I'm still shocked. I haven't recovered.
I looked-up a random 2002 Yard King and it does indeed say Murray... doesn't MTD = Murray? I lost track of that acquisition saga.

I also clicked on a random parts section...there's a part actually called the Christmas Tree Plug (#509). Is partstree just being snarky for the holidays? :grin:

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
Its a Murray, not a MTD:

https://www.partstree.com/parts/murray/snow-blowers-snow-throwers/627858x43a-yard-king-27-dual-stage-snowthrower-2003/

"Yard Man" and "Yard Machines" is MTD.
"Yard King" is (was) Murray/ Noma.
And yeah..$300 for the Great Lakes and Mid West.
Used snowblower prices are much lower out here, because good used snowblowers are so common.
There are hundreds of them for sale in every small town and city all winter long..

If you can buy a 20 year old Ariens for $300, no one is going to pay $500 for a 20 year old Murray! ;) which is a step-down from the Ariens..

Scot

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I had confused MTD's Yard Man and Yard Machine with Yard King. I never heard of Yard King. As fast as I was to correct, I'm glad I was corrected and learned something.

·
Registered
485 Posts
In my area anything 15 years old that is not a Toro, an Ariens, a Simplicity or a Honda will go for cheap even though you see them on Craigslist for big $$$ they can be had for less than $200 as people just want to get rid of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts