Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Yeah, this is a total "hit or miss" proposition. It's really a function of the snow's consistency + ambient temp. I've got three blowers (2 elec and a two stroke) and I have attempted using them multiple times for snow removal. I'm lucky if I have success once per season. Our type of snow won't permit it often. What I do find the blowers useful for is ice removal on a "warm" day as the season is winding down. Often there is just enough melting for the air flow to creep under the ice, lift it and then throw it where it will shatter into many small pieces which can then be blown off the driveway.

·
Registered
2022 Ariens Kraken
89 Posts
They work, sometimes. I have a BR800 and even with 240 MPH and 912 CFM it will still struggle in heavy wet snow. For fluffy stuff its fine. A shovel is faster and more precise though for ground surfaces. For blowing off vehicles it works pretty good though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello; Finally decided to speak. I have moved 3 inches of powder with no problem . I run a 40 volt Ryobi RY404010 730 cfm with the speed tip. It did the job. ( They have a battery back pack if you need long run times.) over all though I find its less effort to just run the JD 325 with a blade because of the length of the driveway. It does not matter the maker if you are gonna stay out a while as the batterie tech is susceptible too cold and will likely effect run time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2-stage, but have been thinking about a 1 stage for small snows. My neighbor yesterday said he is thinking about getting a leaf blower for the light snows. I happen to have a 450 CFM leaf blower but had not thought about using it on light snows. How much snow can a leaf blower handle?
You need to go out when the snow is powder and do the research. Thats what i did. My leaf blower is a Husqvarna 125B pushing 425 cfm. Sometimes I may clean 1-3 times in a 6 hour period depending on what falls but I smile the next morning watching my neighbors shovelling while my 2 driveways and vehicles are spotless.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts