Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
The poll should have 0 alone, or 0 as one, and dusting as another, before moving to inches. We've only had dustings, sweep with a broom if you choose.

Reactions: PaulMys

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The poll should have 0 alone, or 0 as one, and dusting as another, before moving to inches. We've only had dustings, sweep with a broom if you choose.
I do agree, that so far this winter, it has been a major disappointment for snow lovers. We got one storm with about 4-6 inches then it turned to rain and sleet. One big mess.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
it hasnt been a snowblower worthy winter here........not yet , still plenty of time !

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Our home in upper Michigan has seen 179 inches down as shown today . . . sadly, I haven't been there much this year . . .

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Not a snowblower winter here in Southern Nova Scotia. The local Honda dealer has his machines reduced by $600. Usually by this time of year its hard to find one in stock. Ive never seen this dealer ever below Honda pricing. Must be hurting with a big tie up in inventory.

·
Registered
669 Posts
We here in eastern Iowa, most all cities have gotten our normal winter average (anywhere from 24-35") already. I've measured 31" so far in my yard. Almost all of it occurred in a 3 week period to end January.

Just went through arguably the coldest stretch of temps in our recorded history. All time record here in Cedar Rapids (-31).

Today, and for the forecast tomorrow and Thursday - we've had sleet and freezing rain with more coming. Luckily the worst of it looks to be just east of us.

Fun times...

·
Registered
463 Posts
We've had two snowfalls and a couple of dustings. Actually one snowfall was last year, in November we got 5 inches and then a week or so ago we got 3 inches. That's been it for the winter so far.

Come April I'll be looking for good sales if this keeps up!

·
Registered
349 Posts
2-3ft here. Could be a very long winter. Quite often we have a green Christmas but this year we have had snow since early Nov.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
tadawson, when you are in " upper MI", how close do you get to Keweenaw. I have a Buddy, I met thru another forum who lives near MOHAWK MI. This morning via email , he reported 180" todate this winter. I have not seen this posted on the web site before so here it is

https://www.pasty.com/snow/

BTW, Kitchener area yearly average is 62"

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's pretty hard to say exactly. We received a lot, but it kept melting down, then refilled, then melting down again, then do it all over. We currently have about 24-26" on the ground, but if nothing had melted down, we'd probably be close to 10'.

·
Registered
174 Posts
tadawson, when you are in " upper MI", how close do you get to Keweenaw. I have a Buddy, I met thru another forum who lives near MOHAWK MI. This morning via email , he reported 180" todate this winter. I have not seen this posted on the web site before so here it is

Our son works in Calumet...Keweenaw Peninsula. Calumet is at 262 right now. We're a couple hours from there...just west of Marquette. We're at a measly 168 through last night. 50-60 inches so far this February

We've been by the 'pole' dozens of times. It's just north of Hancock.

https://www.facebook.com/funintheUP/video

·
Premium Member
954 Posts

I am on the Keweenaw peninsula proper, but not in Keweenaw county . . . Mohawk is maybe 8 miles north . . . we are Houghton county, which borders it to the south.

Pastycentral is typically my go-to for the area figure as well, although there is typically a small amount of variance.

Looks like the recent snowfall just put the number for season to date at 225" . . .

Oh, and @Steve70, if you were talking about the snow 'thermometer' ("the pole") it's more like 10 miles or so north of Calumet - nowhere near Hancock . . .

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.