Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy has posted only this pic. Says he replaced it with Quad/plow setup. Says about8 yrs old? Needs tlc. Says bucket is clean inside but when he got it shoes were worn pretty bad. Had never been flipped. Asking 250. It's 100 miles from me. Worth the drive?
THOUGHTS?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Anything under $400 is a good deal for that thing provided it runs without smoking, has no or very minimal corrosion damage, both the augers spin free with the shear pins removed, the trigger cable isn't stretched and the axle unlocks, and there is zero physical damage to the machine...

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have first shot at it since I contacted him within 10 minutes of posting. Last night we left it that I have a funeral today in the AM but I'd like to see it. Got a text message this morning asking to give him a call since "there are a ton of people emailing about it". I knew that was coming. Stay tuned....

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything under $400 is a good deal for that thing provided it runs without smoking, has no or very minimal corrosion damage, both the augers spin free with the shear pins removed, the trigger cable isn't stretched and the axle unlocks, and there is zero physical damage to the machine...
Zero physical damage is going a bit don't you think? I mean, it's going to show some wear. For that $$ I'm expecting some minor problems.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Zero damage might be a bit much but the photo sure makes me believe it's close. Maybe they are a realtor and prone to euphemistic exaggeration. :rolleyes:

I'd say go now so he doesn't get tempted. It sure looks like it's a nice machine and under priced. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zero damage might be a bit much but the photo sure makes me believe it's close. Maybe they are a realtor and prone to euphemistic exaggeration. :rolleyes:

I'd say go now so he doesn't get tempted. It sure looks like it's a nice machine and under priced. ;)
On my way. He's holding it for me

·
Registered
273 Posts
Zero physical damage is going a bit don't you think? I mean, it's going to show some wear. For that $$ I'm expecting some minor problems.
I meant bent, cracked, or broken parts that need to be replaced...you're going to have to dump enough money on improvement kits (belt and cable improvement) for things that aren't broken if you want to get it working right. The dash's are prone to cracking and they are $100.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Have my fingers crossed you're on your way back now with your new blower.

SCORE !!

I like this one a lot better than that Yamaha you were looking at, for sure.

·
Registered
381 Posts
That machine looks really clean - I see zero paint loss, maybe some in the bucket and chute but for that money who cares? A Yamaha by me is really rusty, missing the airbox and the guy wants almost $500!

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't get it... Pile of junk. PO drove it into the ground so bad the serrations were completely gone. Scraper bar, gone lower bucket, gone. I had asked him lots of questions about this machine when we were texting too. He said it was all good. :rolleyes: I just walked away. Didn't want to talk with him or I might have gotten carried away. Lesson learned. Demand more pics or don't drive.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
That sounds like a Honda where they wore through the skids and they were pretty far into the bucket too. Ya have to wonder what they are thinking.

Glad you had the sense to walk away. Sorry it wasn't what we thought it would be. :(

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have seen a couple ads in my local craigslist with worn down buckets asking 4-600$.
Its tough to find a good old 10000 series around the burgh.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't understand how people can be so unconcerned or stupid to literally trash a fine piece of equipment. Don't they even notice what they're doing?:confused:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts