Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I have the Compact 24 apart due to sheared pins and beat up auger housing, I thought to take apart the gearbox, mainly to learn. So how does it come apart? What comes out first? I have the cap off of the box at the end of the impeller shaft, but can't see what comes apart next. As I said, mostly curious.

Thanks

Attachments

Reactions: Town

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
The full procedure for this is in the manual set available at no charge from Ariens . . . might not hurt to pull a copy for future reference . . .

·
Registered
338 Posts
Disassembly involves pulling the bushing retainer (its the steel piece that looks like a tab on the top left over the gear). Once the retainer is pulled up and out, you would press (NOT HAMMER) the auger shaft from the right side.

The entire process is explained on pages 56 through 62 of the deluxe service manual.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I saw the service manual on one of those generic manual sites, and saw the description. But the shaft doesn't budge. I don't have a press, so I may not be disassembling this after all. No biggie, was just to learn about it, and maybe sell the gearbox on the Bay.

Either way, thanks for responding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts