Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do so many list the part number of the machine instead of the model number when referring to the Ariens machines? Why not just go off of the model number instead, i.e. Deluxe 30, Pro-30, ST1032, etc.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Simplest way I can think of it is : If you look at an "ST" model , say an 824, from one year and skip 5 or ten years they are going to be different just like a Ford F150 from 1995 is quite different than a Ford F150 from 2010. Model # narrows it down to specifics. That's the only alalogy I can think of, but it goes for all manufacturers not just Ariens.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Why do so many list the part number of the machine instead of the model number when referring to the Ariens machines? Why not just go off of the model number instead, i.e. Deluxe 30, Pro-30, ST1032, etc.
I stand to be corrected on this Ryan, but I think that back in the day, that was the model number. 10ML60, 10M6 etc.
I'm sure someone will be kind enough to set me straight if I'm talking out of my hind end. :D;)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I stand to be corrected on this Ryan, but I think that back in the day, that was the model number. 10ML60, 10M6 etc.
I'm sure someone will be kind enough to set me straight if I'm talking out of my hind end. :D;)
See, told you I was likely full of you know what. I should also learn to refresh the page before I reply. :eek:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Because it is not a really a part number....For Ariens there is only "model numbers" (usually in a white serial number label), and "Model Names" (ST624 etc.)....Model names are practically meaningless when trying to let someone over there, know what you have over here.

The exception on the part number/model number would be for early Tractor-only assemblies, or attachment assemblies <----This is an instance when the model number/part number is interchangeable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts