Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

First time owner of a snowblower. I recently purchased a Briggs & Stratton 208cc 24-in Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower (model# 1696614).

I fired her up last night without issue and proceeded to clean my driveway.

The only issue I had was with regards to the drive/pace/speed that it was running at. I had it in 1st gear, but I felt I had to hold it back, as it was getting away from me.

My question... Is there a way to adjust/slow down the drive/pace/speed of this snowblower?

Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
238 Posts
This can usually be done on the friction disk drive machines. Look at where the speed control rod connects at the bottom, going into the transmission housing. Often the end is threaded and you can adjust the length of the rod by first unscrewing the part of the ball joint that connects to the transmission lever (this part moves in an arc). Then loosen up the lock nut and you'll be able to try giving the ball joint a couple of turns one way or the other to change the length of the rod, then reassemble. See if this makes the first speed slower or faster, and adjust accordingly.

Here is what this looks like on a machine I have. See how the long vertical rod on the right ends in a ball joint, with a lock nut just above it.

·
Banned
474 Posts
If it has a throttle control and you do not need the throwing distance then just slow the engine down a bit.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
You can change the size of the drive pulley on the engine.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
:welcome: to SBF radar2000

Trying to adjust the drive is the best choice as you can still have the engine spinning at full speed, power and the same with the auger and impeller. This would be an advantage if the snow is deep or thick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts