Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have an issue with snow / ice build up on the tires. Last night i used the blower and the snow and ice would stick to the tires like glue and they would not turn. If you tipped the blower off the wheels they would turn fine so i know they are not frozen to the axle. I think it is just a case of the tires turning square and not rolling

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an FYI .... Here is the response from Honda.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for writing in with your inquiry. The tread design was changed on the HS720 units, however you could put the HS520 wheels on the HS720 without causing an issue with the unit, the only thing that would need to be replaced are the push nuts that hold the wheel on. If you feel comfortable changing the wheels out yourself, I can send you the replacement wheels and push nuts if you would like.

Best Regards,
Thomas
Honda Power Equipment

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you try the HS520 wheels on your HS70, if so did they work

called Honda today and they had no clue on the ice and snow buildup on the HS720

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
did you try the HS520 wheels on your HS70, if so did they work

called Honda today and they had no clue on the ice and snow buildup on the HS720

thanks

"Honda had no clue" ........funny.......corporate speak for "don't bother us ":devil:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my HS720. I sure would like to know if changing to the HS520 tires fixed the problem. I used to have an HS520 and I don't remember it having the problem.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
I have the same problem with my HS720. I sure would like to know if changing to the HS520 tires fixed the problem. I used to have an HS520 and I don't remember it having the problem.
i've had a little ice build up on my 520 but only in real wet stuff. a good kick takes care of that. sorry have never had a 720......yet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I replaced them for this winter and guess what ... It has not snowed enough yet to use it. I am beginning to think I will have to wait for next winter to find out.

·
Registered
250 Posts
In the same way that the chute clogging issue affects some users and not others, seemingly due to the sum of a lot of different factors, I suspect the same principle applies to the build of snow / ice in tyre treads. People will have differing water content coupled with differeing ground temperatures, pressure, humidity, etc etc

Anyway - what I was going to suggest, if the problem persists, is to try a pair of snow chains for your wheels. It's a cheaper and quicker solution to try rather than swapping wheels out. I've seen a few people use these and they seem to make a noticeable difference.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
In the same way that the chute clogging issue affects some users and not others, seemingly due to the sum of a lot of different factors, I suspect the same principle applies to the build of snow / ice in tyre treads. People will have differing water content coupled with differeing ground temperatures, pressure, humidity, etc etc

Anyway - what I was going to suggest, if the problem persists, is to try a pair of snow chains for your wheels. It's a cheaper and quicker solution to try rather than swapping wheels out. I've seen a few people use these and they seem to make a noticeable difference.

check out the Honda hS720

·
Registered
250 Posts
check out the Honda hS720
Thanks, I didn't see that this thread was for the 1 stage.

And there's me always telling people to buy them! LOL, silly cow I am

Reactions: orangputeh

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Thanks, I didn't see that it was for the 1 stage.

And there's me always telling people to buy them! LOL, silly cow I am
even though the 720 doesn't drive those "Training wheels " are inadequate. my 520 wheels also ice up and get stuck from time to time.

you'd think Honda engineers would stop testing these machine in sawdust.:devil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts