Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
where's the best place to shop for new belts?
same for impeller bearing?
And a big shoutout to all of you, "You folks are fantastic"..
get the part number from Honda website and then google for suppliers. I used to use boats.net but their prices are almost as much a Honda so looking for a new supplier. Not sure why prices everywhere have gone sky high.

Coronavirus? Tariffs ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
get the part number from Honda website and then google for suppliers. I used to use boats.net but their prices are almost as much a Honda so looking for a new supplier. Not sure why prices everywhere have gone sky high.

Coronavirus? Tariffs ?
Let us know if you find a new supplier. I understand prices for HSS models are reasonable, but older HS parts are getting too rich for my blood.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
might be worth running any part numbers you need through repair clinic. prices are hit and miss but i have found living in Canada shipping costs can sometimes almost be a complete rip off for some of the smallest parts and they have been cheapest. $13 shipping and they have broke my order up into 4 shipments since they are shipping parts as they get them. i can't believe they were willing to do that for a whole $13. the parts i have received so far seem like good quality parts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the tip. It seems like part prices are all over the map from different suppliers.

Recently had to replace a Toro height adjuster. Found the best price including shipping was from my local OPE supplier ship it to me. I would pay more to walk up to the counter and buy it. Funny.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
ya parts costs are all over the place. i usually always try shopping around to see where i can get the best deal if i can wait. it is part of why i will try to build an order and save on shipping and fees.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Let us know if you find a new supplier. I understand prices for HSS models are reasonable, but older HS parts are getting too rich for my blood.
Has anyone here used bike bandit? their prices are pre-covid like boats used to be. I placed 2 orders with them and they said they are a minimum of 3 weeks out becuase their US warehouse was shut down due to CV-19.

I'm willing to wait . The right side drive axle with gears is $103 compared to $149 from boats. The scraper bar for the 828-928 is $42 compared to $54. shipping is free after $99.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
yes most parts are not interchangeable. but yes, shears, some hardware, labels, grip handles and some other parts are very reasonable. grip handles for HS is about 10 bucks and only like 2 for HSS and they fit.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts