Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum,first post,and was wondering if anyone had any advice for replacing the auger cable on the HS928. It appears to have broken at the handle,the lever just collapsed and is sitting flush with the handle. Thanks in advance.
Mark

·
Premium Member
4,991 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum,first post,and was wondering if anyone had any advice for replacing the auger cable on the HS928. It appears to have broken at the handle,the lever just collapsed and is sitting flush with the handle. Thanks in advance.
Mark
fairly easy but time consuming the first time.

i'll check back later ....the police are at the door. must be the loud music

·
Premium Member
4,991 Posts
police told me to turn the zepplin down. no problemo

loosen nut below boot to remove cable from where it attaches to handlebar.

release cable end under handle. you'll see a slot where you can pull cable out.

remove belt cover .

loosen 2 bolts down at engine bed that holds the cables to engine bed.( not sure what that part is called ) and pull away slowly. you'll see where the cable ends attach to springs.

you'll have to remove bolt that holds chute control under the fuel tank to release cable from there perhaps and cut zip ties.

the install of new cable is reverse of this. make sure it is proper size by comparing old to new. be careful not to let spring fall down. it can be a bear to reattach spring.

take your time and you'll get it.

maybe I missed a step or someone else has some better method. good luck.

picture shows the part to pull away slowly at far left with belt cover off.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
B4, he pulls the cable out, make sure the spring didn't break or come unhooked, cause that would also allow the handle drop as he described.

·
Premium Member
4,991 Posts
B4, he pulls the cable out, make sure the spring didn't break or come unhooked, cause that would also allow the handle drop as he described.
good catch.

I should have thought that. thanks. ya we assumed the cable was snapped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts