Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please explain to me how to adjust the friction disk assmbly? It runs forward just fine, but frequently have to pull it/assist it if I want to back up (it is my 86 year old mother who actually uses it) I see that there are adjustment cables but I haven't quite figgered them out, what does what. The friction disk rubber looks fine, and all forward gears run great, its just the reverse issue. Also She has to hold both levers, auger and drive, I thought one of them was supposed to lock the other? Another quandry for me. Its 20 years old and still runs great. Honda builds good stuff in general, just pricey, very pricey, but over the long run I think they are worth it. I just wish I had a service manual to detail the adjustment. I just saw a tracked HydroStat Honda monster on sale for 2400, was 3100, how I wish I could justify getting it...sorry for rambling. I apologize if this has been addressed previously. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Pictures/diagrams would be great. I have tried all these links that advertise a service manual, but they seem to link to some pay for sites. Thank you in advance for your patience, knowledge, and assistance. From Kane PA

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts