Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to replace a bearing in this ancient Honda Snowblower’s drivetrain. I could not locate a new one, so I got a flanged aircraft bearing and welded studs on the housing. I know, hackery. But it only took a few minutes and cost me $7.50.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Yeah, many people also forget about their local bearing shops .... I have used mine frequently, and many times cheaper then on-line, and they can usually fix you up right away.

Although, it is nice to sit at home and hit a key stroke and place an order.

Bearings in all shapes and sizes can be had pretty cheap, as long as you know the size you're looking for. You can also pick up shaft collars, flanges, etc. .... usually always a way to remedy a situation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, many people also forget about their local bearing shops .... I have used mine frequently, and many times cheaper then on-line, and they can usually fix you up right away.

Although, it is nice to sit at home and hit a key stroke and place an order.

Bearings in all shapes and sizes can be had pretty cheap, as long as you know the size you're looking for. You can also pick up shaft collars, flanges, etc. .... usually always a way to remedy a situation.
I looked around, but couldn’t dig it up. I don’t know of any bearing shops, but this automation place I know of might have it. I had to add a pin to it later as the set screw couldn’t hold it in place. Just removing and replacing it would have been a bitch. On the other hand if I wanted it original and had the right part, I could take the studs off and clean it up like new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts