Snowblower Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't think the dealer checked that. Can I do that myself?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Its not had but reguires feeler gauges. But Id also want to see the exaust valve and the only way to do that is by removing the muffler from the head and you should be able to see the valve inside.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
K so here's a new problem. After breaking a shear bolt last night, I parked it in the shed.

Just fired it up to bring it out and work on it. Immediately noticed a funny smell. Reversed it out of the shed 3ft and it stopped moving.

It barely inches forward or reverse.

It moved at normal speed last night when I parked it.

Engine sounds normal, rpm shows ~3400.

Something's up with the transmission? I googled quick and there's no way to check the fluid. Filled for life?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Lifted it up enough to see that the tranny pissed out fluid everywhere.

Currently on the phone with Honda Canada to get this all resolved at a different dealership.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lifted it up enough to see that the tranny pissed out fluid everywhere.

Currently on the phone with Honda Canada to get this all resolved at a different dealership.

This is the craziest Machine saga I have ever seen. Im skeptical this is all real at this point lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Lol want me to show you a pic of the tranny fluid? Hahaha

Wish it wasn't real. It's going back to Honda over a year out of warranty their gonna fix all their shit.

Trust me, I'd rather have my laneway nice and cleared right now vs. talking to Honda Canada and the dealership that serviced it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Here's the invoice from the dealer last year.

Modified pilot jet means they drilled out the plastic pilot jet.....

Charged me $75 to adjust/modify locking ramp/cam system for the auger lever not staying down, instead of installing the new parts as per the Service Bulletin lol View attachment INV # 249230.pdf

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Is the tranny belt driven? It slowly reversed out of my shed then quit moving in either direction. I shut it off and lifted it enough to see the bottom and there's tranny fluid everywhere so that's the issue.

But for future reference. Transmission must be driven off a belt I can get at easily I guess is what your saying?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is the tranny belt driven? It slowly reversed out of my shed then quit moving in either direction. I shut it off and lifted it enough to see the bottom and there's tranny fluid everywhere so that's the issue.

But for future reference. Transmission must be driven off a belt I can get at easily I guess is what your saying?

I say take the machine out to the middle of a field and load it with dynamite and lets end this disaster already lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
My current machine had far more problems when I got it. And it continued for a while until I got them all ironed out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
No update yet. I spoke with Honda Canada, and the dealership that serviced it early last week.

Dealership agreed they'd get this sorted out for me and am waiting a call back.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
The transmission never leaked until I got 8t back from the dealership initially.

When I got it back, the piston that adjusts the height of the machine wasn't working too well, so I assumed it was fluid from that leaking. Didn't realize it was the transmission until last week when it stopped moving.

I'm assuming when the dealership had it, they checked the tranny fluid or something and didn't reinstall the drain plug or wtv. properly because it never leaked any fluid before they looked at it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
But was your current machine $3k+
In Canada, my HSS1332 was 5k + tax. Closer to 6k.

So yeah. Kind of sucks I'm having these issues. But, I'll get er all fixed up and properly maintain it for the rest of my life, then give it to my son hahaha.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts