Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all;

I own a HSS1332ATD machine that is going on its 3rd season. We had a light snow last night and after cleaning the driveway, the chute on my snowblower only turns in one direction. I looked for obstructions in the chute gearing but saw none. I just had the machine serviced at the beginning of November and have used it a few times this season with no problems.

Has anyone had a similar problem and fixed it without taking it to the dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem on my HSS1332ATD last year. After some trouble shooting I discovered the joy stick was faulty. A quick replacement solved the issue.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
For what its worth, this past summer I bought a well used HS928 TCD as a parts machine in order to use the motor on my HS724 TCD. The seller of the HS928, told me it had a broken pin in the transmission case as well as the power chute would move up but not down. The rotation worked as expected. Upon swapping parts from my HS724 I identified a molded relay module by both chute motors was the culprit.

I trust that's not too far off topic.

As in Canada we do not have access to good parts lookup and the fact Boats.not does not show the electrical parts for the TCD models I can not compare the HS And HSS part #s.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's not the joystick, here's a link to Chute Motor troubleshooting: https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/63434-post4.html
I ended taking my HSS132ATD to the dealer. They replaced the joystick controller at NC because the machine was still under warranty. I also inquired about the chute because I live in New England. They told me they'd check with Honda. When I returned the following day to pick up my blower, they told the chute was being covered. They would call to schedule a time when they got the parts. That was Saturday 1/5. All in all I'm glad I called the dealer and didn't try to fix the problem myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The joystick has failed after 1 years service and needs replacement. My neighbor also has his joystick, same blower) fail during his 1st season. Honda requires returning blower to a Honda dealer for warranty which is good, EXCEPT returning blower requires both work loading and a truck, then the dealers wants you to leave the blower, until they can schedule a repair. A big pain in the butt, so purchased the joystick control $ 45.00 and will replace it myself. Not Happy! So expect to replace the joystick during the first 1-2 years. I did contact Honda to report these failures and complain.....but did no good!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The joystick has failed after 1 years service and needs replacement. My neighbor also has his joystick, same blower) fail during his 1st season. Honda requires returning blower to a Honda dealer for warranty which is good, EXCEPT returning blower requires both work loading and a truck, then the dealers wants you to leave the blower, until they can schedule a repair. A big pain in the butt, so purchased the joystick control $ 45.00 and will replace it myself. Not Happy! So expect to replace the joystick during the first 1-2 years. I did contact Honda to report these failures and complain.....but did no good!

I get it, that sucks. But you need a better dealer. Pickup and drop off should be standard or at least a nominal charge. I would have inquired about this prior to purchasing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My HSS1332 is in it's 3rd season now. Past 3 uses I noticed the joystick won't move the chute to the left, I ha e to frig with it. Moves to the right no prob. And it's not iced up or frozen or anything.

I'm going to take it to the dealer for a few other things, I guess this will go in the list too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same problem. Looking to buy the part online, but all the microfiche diagrams do not have the part number listed. Could you tell me the part number? Or where you were able to purchase it? I am hours from a dealer. So it is just easier to order it online. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is the part number I ordered

35360-V45-A02

Found under "CONTROL PANEL (2)" https://peparts.honda.com/powerequipment#/browse/sb/hss/hss1332/HSS1332A-ATD

I ordered mine from a local dealer and had it within two business days, but another dealer I contacted said it would take two weeks. Definitely call around and search online, or maybe someone can recommend a good online retailer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to chime in and say that the joystick on my 1332ATD failed also - 3rd season. Under warranty, but a big pain - they had my blower for 12 days. Will replace myself next time - hopefully, Honda makes an improvement here.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just Replace the Joystick

I just experienced the same issue with my Honda HSS1332ATD which is also still under warranty. Originally I thought that it may be the DC motor since I was able to measure voltage in the power pins at the motor location when the joystick was actuated left and right. However, after getting the new motor I tried it without removing the old one to ensure this would solve the problem, and surprisingly it would only actuate in one direction, same as before. Others on this forum are exactly correct in that if you have this problem, just change out the joystick and problem solved. The irony is that other online complaints about this issue indicated the same failure. Up/Down and Right actuation fine, but failure to turn Left is the common denominator. Prior to getting the joystick, I did speak to the dealer Service Department and they indicated that they had not seen this as a failure point. I was hoping for a little validation before buying new parts. Ironically they had the joystick in stock and did not have to order it in. As I said, if you have similar issues just change the joystick, it took about 30 minutes for me to install it. I usually do not post online, but wanted to validate what others have said, as well as saying thank you to others who did and in turn helped solve my problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just experienced the same issue with my Honda HSS1332ATD which is also still under warranty. Originally I thought that it may be the DC motor since I was able to measure voltage in the power pins at the motor location when the joystick was actuated left and right. However, after getting the new motor I tried it without removing the old one to ensure this would solve the problem, and surprisingly it would only actuate in one direction, same as before. Others on this forum are exactly correct in that if you have this problem, just change out the joystick and problem solved. The irony is that other online complaints about this issue indicated the same failure. Up/Down and Right actuation fine, but failure to turn Left is the common denominator. Prior to getting the joystick, I did speak to the dealer Service Department and they indicated that they had not seen this as a failure point. I was hoping for a little validation before buying new parts. Ironically they had the joystick in stock and did not have to order it in. As I said, if you have similar issues just change the joystick, it took about 30 minutes for me to install it. I usually do not post online, but wanted to validate what others have said, as well as saying thank you to others who did and in turn helped solve my problem.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
ahhh technology. hope things fail during warranty period. then wait a couple years so you can change out again. buy 6=7 joysticks for life of machine.

the joy the joy

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
of course the dealer is not going to admit this is a failure point. our local dealer has had to replace a ton of these . the salesman did not want to admit it to me at first until i laughed at him and told him about all the people who were complaining about it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I took my hss1332 in a month ago for this, and the auger engage lever not staying locked.

They didn't fix either one. And now my warranty is up.

Lol go figure.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
I originally thought the electric joystick chute was a great feature. Starting to think otherwise now. Perhaps that's why, even on high end models, most manufacturers use simple, manually controlled cables and rods. Nothing major to go wrong, wear out, or break I suppose. That is a bummer, especially if it's happening frequently on fairly new machine's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just past my three year warranty and the joystick began to fail. $100 in canada. Last year, luckily I still had warranty the led light failed. That item to buy is about $150 here in Canada at local dealer. I previously owned the hs928 and found that A much better quality machine overall. The new hss1332 Iv been using the last three years im not overly satisfied with the design changes. The larger impeller size should have never happened for one, also the one piece impeller itself...They changed the weight distribution of the machine which to me makes you want to fight with the blower at times to keep the front down. I really could have lived without that steering system that gained two chains. The removal of the transmission fluid tank.This machine cost nearly 6000 Canadian tax in with dealer fees.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts