Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m looking for the same thing. Mine is a 1996 ST1030e. These blowers were actually built by Husqvarna and not MTD or AYP which makes parts impossible to find anymore. It’s a shame, I’ve had this blower since it was new and have never had an issue with it until now and it was used commercially for a few years. I will try to upload a picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
267 Posts
doubtful that is a real email address.

It appears you are right DB'.....

Mail server found for domain:
- mail.protonmail.ch (priority 10, ip address: 185.70.40.101) Mailserver identification:
mail22i.protonmail.ch ESMTP Postfix

Unknown response from mail server (status code: 554)
5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: this address does not exist

protomail.ch would place the server in Switzerland. But there is no such mailbox at that mail server.

I'm guessing it's a typo, and he meant "gmail" instead of "gail".......:smiley-confused013:

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
I don't know if this will help or not. I had an older Craftsman unit that needed a friction wheel and one was not available. I found one for a Toro that was dimensionally correct but had differing mounting holes and center hole. A little time on a lathe opening up the center hole and redrilling the mounting holes made it usable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also looking for that friction wheel #531022506 for my husqvarna snowblower. Is there a way to find one? Bud

·
Read Only
871 Posts
I don't know if this will help or not. I had an older Craftsman unit that needed a friction wheel and one was not available. I found one for a Toro that was dimensionally correct but had differing mounting holes and center hole. A little time on a lathe opening up the center hole and redrilling the mounting holes made it usable.
tg i read the whole thread as i was thinking the same way,
take the wheel to any ope shop get one close and modified as needed by drilling it out to mount over the shaft mark and drill the mounting holes so it bolts on

as to the 3 looking husky states
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
This Part has been Discontinued and is No Longer Available.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The lack of parts availability, the outrageous price of parts, is this an indication we shouldn't or buyer beware buying other Husqvarna products? Chainslaw, backpack slower, weedkicker.

·
Read Only
871 Posts
My Husky Chainsaw from many years ago is certainly one of my best purchases for my gas tool/machine collection.
HEAR THAT!! 2 husky chain saws 2 back pack blowers 1 cutting saw ,

big issue comes across the board from what we all know is planed obsolescence, the item gets to be a certain age,the maker discontinues the parts supply, in a short time NOS is no more unless some company starts re poping a item .

happens a lot more than many think, who's receiving the short end? the consumer . forced to buy something new or adapt like the op needs to do.

·
Retired Moderator
9,915 Posts
I'm also looking for that friction wheel #531022506 for my husqvarna snowblower. Is there a way to find one? Bud
:welcome: to SBF bud

Easy, just follow the link in post #8

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yes, buy the Yamaha 624 friction wheel as mentioned in post #7. BTW, your part number is off by a digit. It should be 531002506.

If you do a Google Image search for that part number, you will see that it is about 4.75" in diameter with 3 mounting holes about 120 degrees apart.

>>Click me<<

Do a Google Image search for the Yamaha YS624 friction wheel, you will also see that it is about 4.75" in diameter with 3 mounting holes about 120 degrees apart.

>>>Click me too!<<<

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
The old Husqvarna were good machines. The new ones are not.
A company that was involved with Sears took the power equipment division over a few years ago.
I think it was Electrolux or Kelvinator, or something like that. They were involved with AYP, American Yard Products, who made many Craftsman lawn care products. They were a type of Sears Holding Company companies, and now that Sears is going out of business, parts will be even harder to find unless another major company takes the major company over that produces the Husqvarna named products.
Your Husqvarna named products have not been produced by Husqvarna for quite some time now, the name and copyrights were sold to another company who was involved with producing the product.
Husqvarna parts were available through Sears stores. If you had the Husqvarna part number and took it to a Sears store, they could get the part.
Husqvarna made a lot of other things besides outdoor power equipment and motorcycles, they were involved with kitchen appliances and a lot of other things.
Husqvarna was a Swedish Company originally. Getting parts for them can be tricky a lot of times now.

·
Read Only
871 Posts
1689 – Rifle factory The drillingwork at the waterfalls in Husqvarna, southern Sweden, was the first large plant. The state-owned rifle factory had some 1,000 employees at the beginning of the 18th century. The company was spun off from Husqvarna Vapenfabriks Aktiebolag in 1959. Shotguns were produced for 300 years, the last in 1989.

1872 – Sewing machines When demand declined, it turned out that the machinery for production of rifles was well-suited for producing sewing machines. The operation was divested in 1997 and Husqvarna-branded sewing machines are now produced by the VSM Group.

1874 – Kitchen equipment in cast iron Husqvarna started a foundry to produce details for sewing machines, a large part being the base frames. Soon the assortment was broadened to include such products as kitchen equipment in cast iron and later on stoves and ovens.

1896 – Bicycles Bicycle production began in the Huskvarna factory. Several patents were registered. The last bicycle was produced in 1962.

1903 – Motorcycles The first motorcycle, which could reach the impressive speed of 4–5 km/hour, was produced in 1903. Starting in the 1930s, Husqvarna's lightweight engines helped make some successful track racing and motocross bikes. Husqvarna's first titles in Motocross World Championship came in 1959 and 1960. The operation was divested in 1987 and is since 2013 part of the KTM family.

1919 – Lawn mowers When Husqvarna acquired Norrahammars Bruk in 1918, the product range expanded to heating boilers and lawn mowers. The first test with a lawn mower powered by an engine was done in 1947.

1959 – Chainsaws As demand for bicycles, mopeds and motorcycles declined, forestry became increasingly important. The expertise in engines was utilized in new areas and the first chainsaw was produced in 1959.

1968 – Power cutters A saw rebuilt to a power cutter in 1968 was the starting point of what today is the business area Husqvarna Construction.

1978 – Electrolux acquired Husqvarna.

1986 – The motorcycle division was sold to Cagiva.

1995 – Robotic lawn mowers The world's first solar powered robotic lawn mower was launched. Sales of robotic mowers did not flourish until 15 years later.

1999 – Husqvarna acquired Yazoo/Kees Husqvarna acquired Nebraska-based lawn mower manufacturer Yazoo/Kees.[5]

2006 – On its own feet The company was spun off by Electrolux.

2007 – Acquisitions of strong brands The acquisition of Gardena in 2007 made the Husqvarna Group the European leader in consumer watering products. Acquiring Zenoah brought a strong brand and geographical expansion in Japan.

2008 – Expanded presence in China The acquisition of Jenn Feng and the construction of a new plant for chainsaws and other handheld products gave expanded presence in Asia.

2009 – Demolition robot Husqvarna launched its first remote-controlled demolition robot.

2013 – Chainsaw chains The decision was made to invest in a new production facility for chainsaw chains in Huskvarna.

Ongoing – Husqvarna developed and sold snowblowers, which were unable to reach "automated robot" status in comparison to the robotic lawnmower line.

2017 – Floor grinding and polishing Acquired HTC Sweden AB, the leading manufacturer of floor grinding machines and related diamond tooling, along with its France, Germany, UK and USA subsidiaries.

2018 – E-Bikes (Licensing) Electro-Bicycles offered by Pexco GmbH, Schweinfurt, Germany, founded by the Puello family (former executive of Haibike) and Stefan Pierer, CEO of KTM Industries AG (KTM motorcycles). Include motors by Shimano.

2019 – Celebrations Husqvarna group are celebrating 330 years of innovation, as well as 60 years as a chainsaw manufacture

Husqvarna owns

Husqvarna
Gardena
McCulloch
PoulanPro
WeedEater
Flymo
Jonsered
Klippo
Diamant Boart
RedMax
HTC

·
Registered
233 Posts
HEAR THAT!! 2 husky chain saws 2 back pack blowers 1 cutting saw ,

big issue comes across the board from what we all know is planed obsolescence, the item gets to be a certain age,the maker discontinues the parts supply, in a short time NOS is no more unless some company starts re poping a item .

happens a lot more than many think, who's receiving the short end? the consumer . forced to buy something new or adapt like the op needs to do.

Completely agree! That's why when I buy anything that lights up I WILL NOT purchase something with an integrated LED light. LED's pretty much never last the claimed 50,000 hours and likely 1/10th to 1/100 of that if not less hours. Buy a fancy light fixture with integrated light and when the light goes out you have to try and find a NOS light or replace all to match. The only thing I couldn't get away from was a fridge with integrated LED's for lighting. Guess what, the freezer LED went out and it shut off half the fridge lighting and Whirlpool wanted 130 for a new one. It is a single SMD (surface mount diode) LED so I found a few rolls of 50 of different voltage and kelvin for about $5/50 shipped from China and soldered one on and I got lights again. Fudge would have been easier to toss in a new bulb in 2 minutes than do all that work.

My brother dealt with a guy who worked for a well known belt manufacturer that rhymes with Bates. They had a contract to build a dryer belt for a well known appliance company and the belt company said they can build a belt to last decades (or some such long time) but the appliance co said to build it to last a hair longer than the 2 year warranty so that's what the belt co did to satisfy the appliance co. Hence why things start to fail as soon as the warranty is up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts