Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This machine is under built and over powered eats auger belts and I don't push it. This is what happened I went out and started it always started two pulls. Never used electric start only to test it. The motor has been the best part. I started it the other day and was making sure the auger was going to turn and don't remember if I throttled down or what I was doing. But the motor backfired and quit. I havn't checked the fly wheel or the valves yet. But with the e start it will turn over and stop. With the recoil if I pull it pass the compression point it will do the same thing. I am assuming the fly wheel key sheared but what would cause the there was not load. Except in engaging the auger. I ran for at least 10 minutes and move fine. Just wondering two things what would cause this and where to start. I am thinking the fly wheel because I pulled the plug wire and it seemed to turn over OK. It is kind of a blur I was a little tick off this machine has less than 50 hours on it. it also seems to be pushing out of the carb. I couldn't feel any air coming out of the exhaust either. My body is failing me that is why I am asking before digging in normally I would just tear it apart and figure it out. I used an old MTD to finish. They don't make them like they used to!!!
Thanks in advance for any reply's

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
There might be a bad behind the impeller causing excessive resistance that would account for the key to shear when engaging the auger, or ice, or something with the auger gear box or the bearings at the ends of the augers. Loosen up the belt and try turning the lower pulley by hand and fell how easy and smooth the pulley turns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts