Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well Guy's...... Just found out that my parts hasn't even shipped yet. I ordered them through Sears Parts Direct. They showed in stock on their site but, that wasn't good enough fo me.... I called them directly and asked if they were in stock in which they checked and stated yes. In addition, they stated I would receive the parts no later than 01-24. I always double check when ordering anything anywhere to make sure of availability. What I failed to do was check tracking the following day. Since I haven't received tracking, I thought I better check into this. Yes, I am P.O. 馃が
Now that I got that out of my system.... LOL 馃え Thanks again to both of you and I'll keep you informed. 馃憤馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
that鈥檚 really unfortunate that you have to wait longer And your machine is partially disassembled
I told them yesterday that I wanted to see the parts being shipped or I will cancel the order today. Well.... I now have the axle bearings & clutch springs on the way which are slated to be here Friday according to tracking. One exception, the thrust washers are delayed. I'm sure it's because they don't have them due to being discontinued some time ago. I'll be reporting back..... 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Any idea on the dimensions of the thrust washer # 179136? I may try to pick one up up a supply store

Good question.... I don't have a way to measure mine. I've been searching as well for the specs. My manual part number is 532174697 which also fits the following;
(AYP, Husqvarna, Craftsman, Jonsered, McCulloch, Poulan, Poulan Pro, RedMax, Weed Eater)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Received my parts today.... Two clutch slide springs and two axle bearings. As for the thrust washers, still waiting. I went ahead and installed the parts I received and reinstalled the entire PS assemblies and gave it a run test..... Unfortunately, the problem remains. This is totally ridiculous to say the least. The new axle bearings has just as much play as I showed in the video with my old ones. As for the clutch slide springs, they didn't have any stronger resistance than the old ones. This doesn't only have me puzzled, it's also becoming a major P.I.A. I'm no rocket scientist but seriously, there isn't much to these snowblowers. I'm at the point of trying to figure out how to eliminate the PS all together. It's that or move on to a new SB. I'll report back if I get a handle on this one way or the other. I sincerely hope you have better luck on yours than I have. Thanks... 馃が馃

Registered
Thanks for the update and it is disappointing to hear that your efforts haven鈥檛 realized a positive result. We got 10 inches of snow here over the last 12 hours so I had to use my blower. I was hoping your new springs were going to be the answer.
I am crossing my fingers in getting through this season with this blower and tear it apart in the off season. That鈥檚 a gamble as I will never now if it works under loa until December when we get a dump.

Registered
I watched your video and noticed the wear on actuator end Not sure as I don鈥檛 have any experience with your machine. Would the worn ends allow the dogs to disengage

Wood Metal Nickel Aluminium Titanium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Thanks for the update and it is disappointing to hear that your efforts haven鈥檛 realized a positive result. We got 10 inches of snow here over the last 12 hours so I had to use my blower. I was hoping your new springs were going to be the answer.
I am crossing my fingers in getting through this season with this blower and tear it apart in the off season. That鈥檚 a gamble as I will never now if it works under loa until December when we get a dump.
Thanks for hanging in there with me..... I felt positive thinking that the springs and/or axle bearings was going to be the fix as well. I wrestled with mine yesterday as well but, with only half the amount you received. Pushing and pulling barely getting through it. I know mine wouldn't even move with 10" in front of it. Further more, I know I wouldn't be able to hold up pushing through it myself.... LOL. It took me twice the time as usual and I'm feeling it this morning. I'm going to take a few more stabs at trying to figure this oddity out. I hope you can get through the season with yours. I'll report back letting you know if I got a fix or if I had to go out and get another one. Please keep in touch if you get your going properly. I sincerely appreciate your help.... 馃憤馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
I watched your video and noticed the wear on actuator end Not sure as I don鈥檛 have any experience with your machine. Would the worn ends allow the dogs to disengage

View attachment 207812

Thanks for chiming in.... Could you please tell me what time mark that is. You may be on to something. I didn't notice any wear at all while cleaning and re-lubricating. That close-up sure shows some wear on the tooth of the dog and possibly on the axle lobe. I'll definitely disassemble the PS on both sides for a closer look. I'll report back here once I do. Thanks, appreciate it! 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)

I just noticed that the close-up is from Duffers post #12. He's in the same jam as I am and is aware of his having the wear. I am going to dig back into mine and take a closer look at everything again. Thanks again. 馃憤

Registered
Never mind my last post. I thought that worn end was issue

Maybe the big springs have lost some pressure Strange that both sides

Thanks for your reply. As you mentioned, I don鈥檛 think that would end is an issue base on where it is located.
Hopefully we鈥檒l get some remedy to the clicking and perhaps other member will offer some suggestions.
Cheers Gas Nut Metal Fixture Nickel
Motor vehicle Auto part Gas Nut Plumbing fitting

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks for your reply. As you mentioned, I don鈥檛 think that would end is an issue base on where it is located.
Hopefully we鈥檒l get some remedy to the clicking and perhaps other member will offer some suggestions.
Cheers View attachment 207900 View attachment 207901
I took the PS apart once again and took a closer look and still couldn't find a problem. I'm sure we'll get it figured out hopefully sooner than later. I'm 100% with you and keeping my fingers crossed that someone will jump in giving us some other suggestions. Sure is a strange problem for sure. We're suppose to get 6" tonight which will leave a shovel in my hand tomorrow. I just might be ready to toss in the towel and pick up a new snowblower by Monday. 馃槺 If I do, I still plan on getting my Husqvarna up and running if possible. If for nothing else, I'll keep it as a backup. Thanks again, I appreciate you hanging in there with me..... Talk to you soon, Cheers to you as well! 馃憤馃槉

Registered
See if you can contact donyboy73 (youtube) and see if he has ever come across this problem.

I'm very familiar with early 2000's Husqvarna (AYP) machines like mine and have never come across this issue.

Without looking at the machine in person, I'm at a lost.

This summer I might be doing some mods to my machine, so I'll take a closer look at mine and see if any ideas come to me.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts