Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was told Husqvarna makes Poulan. Except for color, they do appear identical. Anyway, I didn't see a Poulan forum so I'm posting here. Just bought a Poulan Model #: 961940013 at Sams Club. It has a headlight.

Does the headlight remain on always? Unable to find a switch, saw no mention in the manual.

Thanks!
JohnG

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I don't know specifics of your machine, but generally the headlights on blowers are always on when the engine is running.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Was told Husqvarna makes Poulan. Except for color, they do appear identical. Anyway, I didn't see a Poulan forum so I'm posting here. Just bought a Poulan Model #: 961940013 at Sams Club. It has a headlight.

Does the headlight remain on always? Unable to find a switch, saw no mention in the manual.

Thanks!
JohnG
good chance both the husqvarna and poulan are mtd made machines, headlight is normally on always.

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
good chance both the husqvarna and poulan are mtd made machines, headlight is normally on always.
Actually, there is a 100% chance both the Husqvarna and the Poulan are not made by MTD! ;)

Yes, Poulan snowblowers are made by Husqvarna, but neither are related to MTD in any way...Husqvarna is an independant snowblower manufacturer.

Scot

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I haven't had any Poulans in the shop to look them over but I am betting they have slightly lower end components over the Husqvarna . Much like MTD now makes Cub - they use better components on the Cub stuff and meet different specs. They also make a lot of lesser models for the box stores. Just depends on what toppings you want on your ice cream I guess! Any of them will do well with care - some will need more than others.

On the other hand - on chainsaws the Poulans are best used as wheel chocks for very large trucks while the Husqvarna saws do the real work. Huge differences there....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts