Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live on a busy crazy road. Over the years I nearly get clipped once a season. Either drivers don't see me or they are just unsafe being glued to their cell phones.
I added a battery to the blower bucket with older Ariens parts. Even thou this was a more expensive option then aftermarket parts I think the modification came out really nice. My 36 pro and my backup 30 platinum machines are done the same way. If the pro blows up I will place the battery on the back up and continue on. Then look to repair the 36 on another day.

In the video description I have all the parts numbers that I used from Ariens parts. I like the battery option because if I shut it down by the road to chat with someone the lights can stay flashing while I shut down the machine. I left it on a while today testing it out and the battery tender never even noticed the battery draw. LED's draw so little current, it may last weeks before needing a charge.

Also the weight hasn't changed too much on the handle bars. Maybe the battery weights 5-8 LBS or so.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nice install Ariens hydro pro. Another added benefit of the being seen with those lights is when you're outside removing snow and get caught in a snow squall/blizzard or snow wind event and your working to clean out the EOD pile. It important to be seen!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Nice mod … Looks factory …. if I lived on a busy street, I would do that also, but my street is not busy in the winter … In the summer is a different story, as I am right off the first fairway of a golf course and its clubhouse ….

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.
Last year I was cleaning the front of the mailbox and I looked back a car was just 4-5 inches from my left foot. *** I said to myself or maybe out loud!
I don't need to be rundown cleaning by the road. At least they can't say they didn't see me next time out.

I notice the battery box went up since I ordered 2.
I paid $54.95 a piece now they are $60.45

1 - 5 of 5 Posts