Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thank you all for the replies! I purchased an Ariens Classic Plus this afternoon.
In my opinion you made a good, sound choice [I would have chosen the Ariens as well]. As has been stated prior, mess with it now and get familiar with it. Remember. a little maintenance can go a very long way with it, treat it well and it will treat you well. Not sure how much of a wrench you are but anyone [and I mean anyone] can do the maintenance necessary on these machines, look over the manual, find the points to grease/oil, watch for odd wear on parts and you'll be golden for a very long time. Again, just my opinion.

·
Registered
411 Posts
20` x 40` is fairly small so a 24" or 26" snow thrower would be plenty and if the driveway is pretty level, don`t exclude the single stage machines.

I will disagree on single stage there. With 4 car width you could well be packing snow (deepening on what is on each side). I have run single stage unit, was not impressed and a lot of limitations.

A 24 inch wide two stage machine would be about ideal. Width is a balance, nothing wrong with 28 inch, but you don't seem to get that much snow. I do a 5000 sq ft driveway with a 24 inch. The balance part is I access the back yard and width is an issue in places and turns back there. Ergo, I make more passes in the driveway and get a return for it workign right in the back yard.

I don't have a dog in the Cub Cadet vs Arians, no experience on those, go with those who know those machines. Get a good one and you don't ever need a dealer.

Or as the small equip,me service guy I talked to about a lame MTD, I love those, they pay for my boat. You could not pay me to run an MTD after what I experienced (it did not break down, it had zero traction chains or not and my old beat up under powered Toro outperformed it)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts