Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with a service manager at an Ariens dealer. He said id you get a mouse nest in and or around the cylinder it causes the head to aver heat and the valve bushings wear out. bottom line you need to replaceable the head. He new exactly what I was talking about and ran into the problem and could figure it out. The head with valves and new every thing is what needs to be replaced. I did have a mouse nest up in the carb. area but I don't remember starting until I cleaned it out. There could have been some that was in the housing around the head that I missed. $200 to replace it. So every one check for any debris from what ever. He said it will happen again and again until I replace the head. That sucks!!! But good to know it has some thing to do with the valve bushing I think.I blew all of that crap out with a compressor and then stored it with all plastic covers off so they wouldn't build in there again. The screen stops them from going into the carb. Mice have caused more problems and get into spots you would never think of. They especially love air cleaner housings for some reason they like the smell of gas. I had traps set up with 5 gal pals. killed allot of mice. If you want to know my tricks PM me.
Thanks
Ted
P.S Sorry for all of the type o's i was in a rush when I wrote this. Big storm coming and all I have is an old MTD. I hope it hols together.

·
Registered
397 Posts
If you're ever in a RUSH when typing something for someone else to read, this Forum permits your going back on edit to correct the wording, spelling , grammar and whatever else will make the Post more legible for any readers.

Not doing so just means that fewer readers will benefit from the thoughts that you're attempting to convey, and then everyone will have wasted their time, impending storm or otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
I think my Wheel Horse rider was cheap because the engine was smoking and it was a greasy mess causing it. Pulled the covers, found a big mess of grass, hosed it all out, foaming engine cleaner spray, scrub, hose down and it runs great.
Learned years ago about the nice on the JD rider as they pretty much built a nest under the engine cover every winter.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts