Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not figure out how to change the oil on this. It does not have one oil drain port. However it has a square plug on each side of the engine with an oil "fill" spot on each side .Aslo I have no idea as to how much oil and the type. Thank you in advance for your time.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Machine
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Bumper Machine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all of the information....another question the Briggs and Stratton Engine is Model:20G414 Type 0111E1 I can't find a manual but need to know how much 5w30 oil to add. Thank you in advance for your invaluable help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the right side (the side with the electric starter and the yellow wire, 2nd pic) would probably be easier since you don't have to deal with the chute crank.

I'd also recommend that you purchase a long-neck funnel so that you'll have an easier time filling the engine with new oil.

View attachment 197678
I appreciate the great advice...thanks a million !:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty much any brand synthetic 5W30 would be great on that engine:

As for changing the oil, you can use a piece of cardboard to make v-shape. You could then use the fill port and tip the snowblower over slightly on its side, like this:

View attachment 197663

or... you could loosen the square drain plug with a 3/8" extension and an adjustable wrench:

View attachment 197667

If you want to get fancy, you can buy a form-a-funnel instead of the cardboard:

View attachment 197668
I just ordered one of these...great advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts