Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's what the parts list calls it. I'd tend to call it a thrust washer but there are no bearings involved. This washer sits on the end of the auger driveshaft where it fits into the auger shaft bushing. 1" bore(i.d.) x 1.31 to about 1.375 (max o.d.) and can be from .035 to .075" thick. Does anyone have one or 2 or know where I can get one. This is for my old NOMA. Thanks and regards, Woody

·
Registered
157 Posts
I use McMaster.com
McMaster-Carr stocks nearly everything and ships anywhere.

FYI Standard round shims with 1" ID normally have a 1-1/2" OD.

Will 1-1/2 OD Work?

Also Tractor Supplly, Sears Hardware, and Ace Hardware, along with Home Depot and Lowes usually sell Hillman brand spacer shims where they have bolts and nuts.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
I may have one. I will check in the morning.
Wow! Been a long time since we've seen you on here, td. Happy you droppd in.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Yes it has been a long time. The last year and a half or so has been real busy. I liked trying to give my useless 2 cents but all the time I had to do it has been so filled with repairs that time is being used up. Can't complain since a possible plan is to retire and have the side gig of machine repairs take up slack. I only do word of mouth recommendations but it has grown more than I expected. I don't even buy broken machines to flip anymore. Between repairs and then garden tilling in the spring and 3 kids there isn't much time left.

Going to make it a point to log on More frequently.

So a belated welcome to all the unfamiliar names.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tried a hardware or big box store ??

Fastenal https://www.fastenal.com/

Whats the part number ??

Yes. So far all outside diameters are too big.
Part number for what it's worth is 50748. This is for a Canada made NOMA from the '90's.

YEP, 1-1/2" - 1-9/16 OD" is what I find also. I guess, in spite of not having a machine shop in the barn, I'm going to figure out a way to spin down the OD a touch to make it fit.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hey I checked this morning. I only have 1 1/2 OD left.

My local hardware store is decent. I get of work at 7 am and I will stop there on the way home to see what they have. I know the have a box assortment of machines shims.

I will post my findings right away so I don't hold you up.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
No luck. Same 1-1/2 OD shims.

It would take some smoothing or sanding after but if you have a good pipe cutter and a brass or steel 1 in threaded pipe you could cut shims out of it. I know 1 inch steel thread pipe is 1-1/4 OD.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Just grind it down a little, only the ID matters, it will fit after a while, clean off any burrs.
Sid

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
That part is still listed as a Murray part and it's still supported by Briggs.
If there is someone who repairs small engines in your area they should be able to order one for you. Or a dealer.

Robot Check

Sears (U.S.) stills shows it available but for $10 ea plus shipping I think I'd be grinding something down to fit.

Maybe slip a washer onto a 1" pipe and then gently press it against a grinding wheel and let it slowly grind it's way down to that <1.37 you need to fit.

Lawn & Garden Equipment Flat Washer | Part Number 53748MA | GUARANTEED FIT from Sears PartsDirect

53748Ma Snowblower Parts from RepairClinic.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks folks, I guess I'll be spinning down the OD a touch to make one fit. Not sure how I'm going to do this yet but I'll figure something out. Again, thanks. Regards, Woody

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kiss4aFrog, I guess I didn't reply to you. Thanks for the info. Yes, I found those but in spite of having the same part number they're actually larger OD than the remaining washer I have. My wife found the same washer/shim/bushing locally and I'm making it work. I'm slowly getting 'er back together and will see if the impeller is straight enough to not wobble or vibrate to the point it throws the bearings out.

The old NOMA is 20+ years old but is not trashed or been overworked. IMO it's actually better made than most are today and it's heavier than the dickens.

Best regards, Woody.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts