Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Blowing snow is harder than cutting grass, colder, messier, wet, but for some reason I don't understand, it is more fun.

I have a wide walk behind, 48", that I cut the grass with. That makes it fun. I actually have several, 3-48", 32", 36", 61", all for sale.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
Blowing snow is harder than cutting grass, colder, messier, wet..

I disagree..but it probably depends on how much lawn you have! ;)
I use the snowblower probably an average of 10 times a year. 40 minutes each time = about 7 hours of snowblowing per year.

Lawn mowing = 2 hours every 1.5 weeks April to November. (November is leaf pickup with the mower) - That's 23 mowing instances per year, 2 hours each = 46 total hours per year. compared to 7 hours snowblowing. ;)

For me, snowblowing is waaaaaaaaay easier and far less hassle.
But I have a half-acre yard, lots of garden beds to mow around, and I use a combination of gas weed wacker, push mower, and riding mower. Winter is far easier, even in the heavy snow belt of Western NY. ;)

Scot

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
you would have to vacuum or blow every day . a real pia

Probably not every day, it would depend on the nearby plants and trees. If you had cottonwood trees nearby it would be a nightmare in the spring, and oak tree acorns, and maple tree seed pods could be an issue, but not all year. yeah, keeping it clean could be a hassle..but in this guys case, he could probably run a blower over the lawn once or twice a week, 5 minutes each time..he still has far less maintance than a real traditional lawn.

Scot

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Using my 48" takes 2 minutes for the front yard, 1 for the side, and 3 for the back yard. Maybe. I agree snowblowing is quick and easy and not as often but after doing several neighbors, I get tired.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Using my 48" takes 2 minutes for the front yard, 1 for the side, and 3 for the back yard. Maybe. I agree snowblowing is quick and easy and not as often but after doing several neighbors, I get tired.
Sheeet you need nothing more than a pair of hand clippers.:wink2:

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah but the good part aboot it is no weed seed trees, or Charlie, crabby or Dandy.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: But I am almost sure that the clowns that run this town. have already put the kibosh aboot doing something like that on the books. after all they are all TREE HUGGING HIPPIES that run this town.:emoticon-south-park

1 - 10 of 10 Posts