Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week a storm moved into California that they usually get in the winter months, lots of rain and Snow in the higher elevations and this is mighty early even for them. Also a huge storm moved into Alaska last weekend and then a big storm moved into Japan. I know everyone is saying it's a LA Nina 3 peat but my gut feeling tells me here in the mid-west winter is coming early. Just a gut feeling and hoping we don't get a Halloween Blizzard, but we are overdue for something like that.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
I hope it stays nice and mild all winter long. No deep freezes and VERY,VERY little Snow!!!!! I BLOODY FREAKING HATE THE CRAP!!!!!
You're definitely on the wrong forum and in the wrong state! I thought you were thinking of moving south?

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Back in the mid 80's I had a 4 month college co- op work term in Thunder Bay, Ontario.

There was a heck of a snow storm with very cold temps on Halloween. The kids were out trick or treating anyways like it was no big deal. Their costumes were made a few sizes too big so they could wear them over their snow suits, all what you are used to I guess, but I was impressed by the little buggers😱

·
Premium GOT Member
10,007 Posts
This week a storm moved into California that they usually get in the winter months, lots of rain and Snow in the higher elevations and this is mighty early even for them. Also a huge storm moved into Alaska last weekend and then a big storm moved into Japan. I know everyone is saying it's a LA Nina 3 peat but my gut feeling tells me here in the mid-west winter is coming early. Just a gut feeling and hoping we don't get a Halloween Blizzard, but we are overdue for something like that.
Youre in the WRONG group if you dont want a big winter........we are snowblower MANIACS!!! We WANT big winters!!!!!!!

another sign here in the California Sierra....squirrels started collecting pine cones about a month earlier.....

I'm droooooolllling......

·
Premium Member
12,502 Posts
Youre in the WRONG group if you dont want a big winter........we are snowblower MANIACS!!! We WANT big winters!!!!!!!

another sign here in the California Sierra....squirrels started collecting pine cones about a month earlier.....

I'm droooooolllling......
Not All Of Here Are Maniacs For Snow!!!!! It Is Just Something That Has To be done along with yard mowing. And I am No Fan Of That Either!!!!
Forehead Jaw Gesture Tie Microphone

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts

·
Premium GOT Member
10,007 Posts
Not All Of Here Are Maniacs For Snow!!!!! It Is Just Something That Has To be done along with yard mowing. And I am No Fan Of That Either!!!! View attachment 199497
You NEVER CAME TO ANY OF OUT YEARLY CONVENTIONS!!!!!!!!

MANIACS!!!!! all that come......i have dvd's of all the axtion $24.95.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You NEVER CAME TO ANY OF OUT YEARLY CONVENTIONS!!!!!!!!

MANIACS!!!!! all that come......i have dvd's of all the axtion $24.95.
I've always wanted to attend these conventions.

However, my wife being a devout Catholic, will absolutely not allow me to go to Vegas alone without a chaperone.

She gets suspicious even when I have business trips around Spring Break time. She thinks that "Girls Gone Wild" videos are real. Sheesh!

·
Registered
2022 Ariens Kraken
51 Posts
I hate snow and I hate winter, I still like my snowblowers though as I do with any tool that I need to make my life easier. For now Im stuck in Michigan until I retire then you will find me somewhere tropical for the winter months. We are due for a harsh winter though, its been a while.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have noticed the deer fir and grey squirrel fir is darker too. The white stripe on the skunks is also darker.
I have not seen any of my red squirrels in a while either.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts