Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think a single stage blower is great for light dry snows and those couple of inches where a 2 stage fails and isn't really meant to.

Depending on the temps, the time of day night that I use my 2 stage, and the expected forecast, after I use my 2 stage, I use my single stage to clean down to the concrete on my walkway from the driveway to the door and the public sidewalk. Because of this, I can raise the scraper bar a little higher, 2 paint sticks high, to avoid some of the raised sidewalk bumps.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think a single stage blower is great for light dry snows and those couple of inches where a 2 stage fails and isn't really meant to.

Depending on the temps, the time of day night that I use my 2 stage, and the expected forecast, after I use my 2 stage, I use my single stage to clean down to the concrete on my walkway from the driveway to the door and the public sidewalk. Because of this, I can raise the scraper bar a little higher, 2 paint sticks high, to avoid some of the raised sidewalk bumps.
Good idea.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I use my single stage to clean up after the 2 stage

Same here. I often use the single stage to clean up after the 2 stage machine. I've got a steep drive, it needs to be snow-free as quickly as possible to prevent icing. I do it out of necessity and safety.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same here. I often use the single stage to clean up after the 2 stage machine. I've got a steep drive, it needs to be snow-free as quickly as possible to prevent icing. I do it out of necessity and safety.
Yes, do it to prevent icing, makes it safer for the walkers.

That seems like a good idea. And it might be a pretty quick process, if you're just tidying up the last remnants.
e

It is quick, very quick, as fast as you can run! I do it to cleanup the remnants to prevent icing especially those late afternoon or early evening snows.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
My new single stage is bad a$$ed. It does everything, the 2 stage threatens to move out so I do some backyard cleanup with it to appease.

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
today i used a leaf blower to clean my driveway of pine needles. we haven;t had any snow in over a month. maybe 6-10 for the whole winter.

last year at this time we already had over 200 inches and ended up with over 500 for the season.

i'm sad.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
I blow snow for myself and usually three neighbors and if I use the 521 i'll use the 2450 most times to get down to pavement, I keep it clear for those walking and the mail carrier. most times I don't take the 521 to mom's with me cause there are a couple of 3650's there and I blow snow for a few of her neighbors. if I take the 521 to mom's I have my nephew clean up with the 3650 at a couple of neighbors homes but not all the properties that I've cleared with the 521

1 - 10 of 10 Posts