Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 inches of snow last night another 4 on Sunday, Blah.:mad:
Radio says we have had over 5 and a half feet of snow for this season.
Snowfall records are being smashed.:eek:
I just want to put my snow blower away until next fall, enough is enough.
Now that I got that off my chest I guess I'll go fuel up the snowblower.

·
Registered
121 Posts
4 inches of snow last night another 4 on Sunday, Blah.:mad:
Radio says we have had over 5 and a half feet of snow for this season.
Snowfall records are being smashed.:eek:
I just want to put my snow blower away until next fall, enough is enough.
Now that I got that off my chest I guess I'll go fuel up the snowblower.
Throw some gas in mine, too, while you're at it. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
listining to the news last week they said we had reached our avarage snowfall for the winter. we will be just over that amount cause its snowing now, not enough to use the snowblower though. like you tuffnill i'm ready for to be done with snow

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
We've gotten something like 45" so far this winter, potential 6" more tonight. We need 60"-80"+ to help offset the lack of rain and snow from last year for the farmers. 2 years ago we had 100"+ while last year was nothing. Getting close but not enough yet. I have one blower done for sale and another 2 in progress, don't think they'll sell this year.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
see this is why i'm ready for the snow to be done. the weatherman is calling for rain chainging to snow but not enough to use the blower

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
We've gotten something like 45" so far this winter, potential 6" more tonight. We need 60"-80"+ to help offset the lack of rain and snow from last year for the farmers. 2 years ago we had 100"+ while last year was nothing. Getting close but not enough yet. I have one blower done for sale and another 2 in progress, don't think they'll sell this year.
Yes. Two years ago we got some big snow. I heard it was over 90 inches in Central Minnesota for the season, but that is not much compared to what they get every year in Buffalo NY or deep in the mountains in Colorado. That year I ended up replacing my stock worn out touring track on my Polaris xlt touring with a 133.5 inch Polaris SKS (Snow King Special) full paddle 1 inch lugged track since I buried my sled a few times that year and I am not getting any younger and I do not want to have a stroke/heart attack or a hernia from pulling a 599 lb buried touring sled out of a trench in the snow. Now it's a respectable snow machine but I certainly would not try go mountain riding or boon docking with it. As to the Tecumseh 5 hp on the MTD. Well that year was the straw that broke the camel's back or was it the buried snowmobile? :rolleyes:That was the year I had really grown to hate that engine so I decided to do something about it this year and I am glad I did too since the Predator has been real awesome since it starts so easy and blows the snow so much better than the Tecumseh. I just used it again tonight. A year ago today it was 70 degrees here in Minnesota. Today it was 13 degrees and windy and I had to really bundle up to blow the 4 inches or so that we got out of the driveway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts