Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! i have an old ariens 924 026 and i’m doing an engine swap. i found a loose spring for the tensioner and i can’t find where it goes. i know the top is at the right place and the only place i can hook it is on the big hole on the side of the frame. i’m not sure it goes there. any help would be appreciated. thanks IMG_2617.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
That is where it goes:wink2: Great pic for explaining to 924 series owners where the spring goes because you can't see back there with the drive pulley mounted. You may want to wire the idler bracket back once you hook the spring to keep some tension on the spring or it'll flop down before you install the drive pulley, or exactly after you do it:grin:

Also, looks like you may need some axle bushings while you're in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot for your answer! yes i have another one with a lot of similar parts (910 021). i decided to put my good engine on my 924 026 cause i like the handle and controls more. i might paint it too since i have time. there’s a lot of wires under the belly pan. not sure i understand this part haha. if you have any general advices, feel free. i have a lot of free time to work on it :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts