Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What would you have/change from today's offerings?

I'd probably Teflon coat the inside of the auger housing, the impeller, impeller housing, and chute, or make the whole thing out of non stick plastic.

Coat the parts that must be metal, use plastic where it doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
4,803 Posts
on a honda i would do what i am doing now. putting more horses with a smaller bucket. a 1128 instead of a 1132.

also would change the right side tranny to accept a removable/replaceable pin that sometimes break and u are supposed to change the whole shaft.

reinforce the handlebars as stock. i see a lot of used Honda's with welded up bars. also reinforce the shute bottom for same reason.

would have very little plastic. the old HS50's and 80's were built better and stronger and have a lot less plastic than the newer models.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No guys, not modifications to existing models, from the ground up. A new "perfect" machine.

·
Registered
417 Posts
A perfect blower would come with a robot who would take care of the machine and be programmed to operate it when there is snow in the driveway without you having to do a thing. And after it was done it would go to the beer store and buy back a case of 24 for you.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
I'd probably Teflon coat the inside of the auger housing, the impeller, impeller housing, and chute, or make the whole thing out of non stick plastic.

Coat the parts that must be metal, use plastic where it doesn't matter.
Yamaha YS1028J and YT1332ED have teflon liners on the chute, impeller housing and impeller outlet.
Yes, coating the housing, impeller and augers will help a lot on wet sticky snow, but it can get pretty pricey (I myself am considering experimenting with it is some areas).

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Using the Zaugg Bull dog as a power platform, I would build a smaller twin Beilhack snow clearing disc system with a center mounted chute and spout making a 48 inch single stage snow thrower eliminating a lot of issues.
All it needs is a catalytic converter for the Kubota engine to be tier four compliant.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a perfect blower would come with a robot who would take care of the machine and be programmed to operate it when there is snow in the driveway without you having to do a thing. And after it was done it would go to the beer store and buy back a case of 24 for you.
nice!

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
A perfect blower would come with a robot who would take care of the machine and be programmed to operate it when there is snow in the driveway without you having to do a thing. And after it was done it would go to the beer store and buy back a case of 24 for you.
There actually are remote controlled snowblowers in the market, but they won't go buy you beer though.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yamaha YS1028J and YT1332ED have teflon liners on the chute, impeller housing and impeller outlet.
Yes, coating the housing, impeller and augers will help a lot on wet sticky snow, but it can get pretty pricey (I myself am considering experimenting with it is some areas).
If someone has a project over the summer, I'd like to experiment with it myself. I'd like to try the coatings and see how they work out.

·
Premium Member
4,803 Posts
I'd get one of those stacked real dolls robots and have her do the drive in a string bikini

·
Registered
939 Posts
here is a dream spec...

1. 14hp OHV engine

manufactured in Milwaukee USA by H-D
cast iron cylinder and head
Carb or EFI, buyers choice
fuel tank cap is equpped with a time-release Seafoam dripper (everyone loves SF )
Drainzit system for easy oil changes

2. 26" width bucket (best overall compromise)

heavy guage steel
fabricated by Jesse James under the supervision of one his hot girlfriends
time-release Fluid Film dispersant system for the bucket/chute (MY GAWD Leonz would love this)
pre-HSS Honda impeller design and rpm's
tool-less removal system for easy maintenance of the augers
Heavily serrated augers that protrude 6" out of the bucket to chew up icy EOD (watch out dogs and kids!)
side mounted ArmorSkids (I think thats the name of them),
Teflon-lined impeller chamber and chute (good call on that one)

3. Honda hydrostatic trans with trigger directional control (no auto anything)
4. Toro "quick stick" style chute controls

5. Simplicity "Pro" model handlebars (built like a tank)

7. Ariens RapidTrak traction system (IMO this is the bees knees)

8. Husqvarna 300 series rubber chute tip (because it looks neat)

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
ok here we go...

1. 14hp OHV engine

manufactured in Milwaukee USA by H-D
cast iron cylinder and head
Carb or EFI, your choice
fuel tank cap is equpped with a time-release Seafoam dripper (everyone loves SF )
equipped with a Drainzit system for easy oil changes

2. 26" width bucket (best overall compromise)

heavy guage steel
fabricated by Jesse James under the supervision of one his hot girlfriends
equipped with a time-release Fluid Film dispersant system for the bucket/chute (MY GAWD Leonz would love this)
pre-HSS Honda impeller design and rpm's
tool-less removal system for easy maintenance of the augers
Heavily serrated augers that protrude out of the bucket 6" to chew up that EOD (watch out, dogs and kids)
side mounted ArmorSkids (I think thats the name of them),
Teflon-lined impeller chamber and chute (good call on that one)

3. Honda hydrostatic style trans with trigger directional control (no auto anything)
4. Toro "quick stick" style chute controls

5. Simplicity "Pro" model style handlebars (built like a tank)

7. Ariens RapidTrak style traction system (IMO this is the bees knees)

8. Husqvarna 300 series rubber chute tip (because it looks neat)
Love it, just a couple twists for me.

*Honda’s hydraulic strut and Infinite bucket locking positions.

*Heated hand grips, + 50watts of led lighting.

*Honda’s dual articulating chute with electric controls. instead of the Husqvarna tip and quickchute.

*Cup holder. Why not :)

equipped with a time-release Fluid Film dispersant system for the bucket/chute (MY GAWD Leonz would love this)
lol, awesome.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Think my new perfect machine would be the machine I have now, with a built in teenage kid to operate it when necessary.

Trick is I don't want the kid around ALL the time, (been there, done that), just when removing snow is required (ok and mowing lawn)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts