Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Always fun scoping out a new potential toy. Do you have a bottom line number in mind? Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Always fun scoping out a new potential toy. Do you have a bottom line number in mind? Good luck!
he sez it got a problem and he also has three CL ads, one sez $250 and the other two say $300. i'll see what the problem is and if it isn't too bad i'll offer him $250 but for $300 it shouldn't have a problem

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Is the drive depressed?

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
buzzzard, All the rust on the head bolts???. I don't see any electric start....Powershift or not I'd offer $100 standing in the driveway. Farmington, he never kept it up (you and I know that area). West side MI that's a $125 machine, running. Just my 2 cents;)

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
buzzzard, All the rust on the head bolts???. I don't see any electric start....Powershift or not I'd offer $100 standing in the driveway. Farmington, he never kept it up (you and I know that area). West side MI that's a $125 machine, running. Just my 2 cents;)
you might be right, i'll know more tomorrow when I see it and I'm not saying I'm going to buy it either but I'm not spending more than $250 for a powerthrow 824 with or without electric start

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Oh, I would definitely look at it, but I would play hard ball with the negotiations.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, I would definitely look at it, but I would play hard ball with the negotiations.
you know that i am if i decide to buy it

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
As winter winds down you may have a bigger selection, William. I've seen the prices around here finally start to drop some. That HS624 I looked at a couple weeks back .... He wouldn't budge from his $600. I offered him $475 and he said he'd already turned down 525. I walked. Well, the ad reappears for $525. I emailed him and said $450, knowing he'd turn me down and he emails back and says yeh. I then had some''splainin' to do. I drove two hours to see it. Told him it was his turn to come to me. I've never operated like that before. The post is still up as far as I know. Patience is the name of the game, buying and selling.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I'm going to put off looking at it until the weekend, I'm tired. we do new car deliveries at henry's and with the blizzard over the weekend all the vehicles are covered in snow and then there is the mess from the plows. so every vehicle has to be dug out then cleaned off. once home I've been blowing snow to make it easier to get up and down the block, I've got to dig out my neighbors van and clear the parking spot just in front of it when I get home today

1 - 20 of 24 Posts