Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I dont know much about bear cat snow blowers except they dont make them anymore. I am going to look at a 10 hp 28" (I do know Techumseh motors are solid) well maintained garage kept Bear cat. Are they good machines or didnt they stop making them because they stunk or was it a business thing? What would one in good condition be worth today? Its a 1981.
Thanks for all insight

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's cool. I have a couple brochures from the late 1980's for them. I saw one for the first time a year or two ago at a flea market but it looked like it was stored outside for a long time and I believe the seller wanted $250 or so for it.

I like the inline impeller system on those but the machines are less compact. They also have a geared transmission like those found in the smaller lawn tractors back then so should hold up IMO.

By the way Echo owns the Bear Cat name now (Echo Bear Cat) and I think they still use the paw print logo. They no longer make snow blowers but have Chippers and other OPE. ECHO Bear Cat |

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey,
I dont know much about bear cat snow blowers except they dont make them anymore. I am going to look at a 10 hp 28" (I do know Techumseh motors are solid) well maintained garage kept Bear cat. Are they good machines or didnt they stop making them because they stunk or was it a business thing? What would one in good condition be worth today? Its a 1981.
Thanks for all insight
I'm going to look at one myself. I knew this friend had one but just found out last night he's left it outside uncovered for years! Its a shame. I think Bearcats and Bobcats are very similar. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Are they good machines or didnt they stop making them because they stunk or was it a business thing? What would one in good condition be worth today? Its a 1981.
Thanks for all insight
I hear there is little room for adjustments on the drive. Hard to find parts unless you find a whole doner machine.

They are cool mean looking machines. Post some pictures if you get it.

Good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey,
Thanks for all insight
So how did you make out with the Bear Cat?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts