Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I need to replace the impeller bearing on my 11 year old Toro 1128OXE. Ive purchased the bearing and the flanges that support it. My question is should the inner bronze bushing be able to rotate withing the outer steel shell or not? On the part I received the bronze piece does not rotate relative to the outer shell. I see that there is a cap screw in the outer shell that fits in a hole on the flange that keeps the outer shell from tuerning relative to the flange but I would have thought the inner bronze bushing would be able to rotate relative to the outer shell. Im hoping somebody can tell me.

Thanks
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Generally, no. The bushing should not rotate. I believe that the cap screw is just an oil access hole so you can lubricate the bushing periodically.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am not totally familiar with your unit and ass'y.
To answer your question From the looks of your parts. I would guess NO, the bronze bushing is not made to rotate. It acts as a fixed lubricant metal surface for the shaft to rotate onto.
Others will chime in.
Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
kueh, Biketrax, Kiss4aFrog

Wow - fast response guys. This is a great forum. Thank you!!!

I am planning to post pics of the bearing and impeller kit install soon so keep posted.

Paul

·
Registered
725 Posts
I agree, the spherical body is just a carrier for the bronze bearing. The round shape permits alignment. The oil impregnated must be stationary with the shaft spinning in it. This may be of interest.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Being it's on the impeller shaft, I'd use something like marine grease on it during reassembly. Good stuff, takes abuse and it's more water resistant than white or lithium type greases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts