Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type fasteners did you use to install your mod? Have you had any trouble with your fasteners? Do you wish you had used some other type?
TIA
Getting ready to upgrade my Sno Tek.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Standard fasteners with nylocs on both machines. Two winters with no issues.

Reactions: micah68kj

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
What type fasteners did you use to install your mod? Have you had any trouble with your fasteners? Do you wish you had used some other type?
TIA
Getting ready to upgrade my Sno Tek.

# 10 self tap screws with washers oldest kit 10 yrs old no issues
used the a car tire for the rubber no issues
it looks like a fire hose in slush/water
you are going to be grinning after

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Hello Joe. I used three 1/4-20x1" stainless bolts with fender washers and ny-lock nuts on each paddle of my 8/24 Toro with no regrets.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I use two 1" 5/16 -18 bolts with nylock nuts....I use 4" baler belting and 1" galvanized flat stock from Home Depot with holes already drilled the length of it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
# 10 self tap screws with washers oldest kit 10 yrs old no issues
used the a car tire for the rubber no issues
it looks like a fire hose in slush/water
you are going to be grinning after
almost exactly what i did, no issues as of yet, i did predrill with a small drill bit as my old machine had a thick metal impeller

·
Registered
76 Posts
I used #12 tek self-drilling screws with fender washers; a truck mudflap for the rubber. Only been using it for a couple of months, but all is well so far and I'm more than pleased with the results. I agree with 1132le - you'll be grinning after you install it. The first time I put my blower into some slush after the mod, I could hardly believe my eyes....

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I have to admit...it's magical...I did a Jacobsen that was plugging up with slush, did two out of four impellers, and blasted the slush into tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I have to admit...it's magical...I did a Jacobsen that was plugging up with slush, did two out of four impellers, and blasted the slush into tomorrow.

Last year and older guy then me mid 60s around the corner from me got rid of his st824 had it for 20 yrs before that he had other ariens blowers
I told him about the impeller kit he was skeptical yada yada why doesnt ariens do it if it works so good is it safe?

He got a 28 pro i had told him about auto turn how nice it was he tried mine and wanted it
one of the bad super wet storms we got he tried using the 28 pro but it was blowing good

I went over with the kitted st824 rust bucket he just looked shell shocked as i blew it 35 feet across his front yard
Hey can you help me put that on mine sure lol

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually I have installed these kits in a couple of my past blowers so I know how well they work but I'm really curious about all the different mounting variants.
Keep adding your installation methods, guys, and how the install worked for you.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hello Joe. I used three 1/4-20x1" stainless bolts with fender washers and ny-lock nuts on each paddle of my 8/24 Toro with no regrets.
This is exactly what I used to put on my paddles (from an old CCR 2000 paddle) to put on my Ariens 924. Going into 3 year, no problems.

Reactions: micah68kj

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I tried to do my Toro PowerMAx, and the way the auger housing was shaped, it didn't seem to lend itself to a seal. There are many factory ridges. Anyone else have this issue ?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I tried to do my Toro PowerMAx, and the way the auger housing was shaped, it didn't seem to lend itself to a seal. There are many factory ridges. Anyone else have this issue ?

Thats why i wont get a toro
the impeller kit is so much better then reblowing snow from the acs they have
I do like that that 1428 machine though about time they added the kick azz motors

1 - 13 of 13 Posts