Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some time to work on my 10000 ariens, I drilled all four impeller blades but ran short on 1/4 20 bolts so I only put my scraper on two opposing blades, anyone have experience doing this, I always did all four but wonder if this would be just as effective. I think I read where someone did this but would like to hear real world experience.
I think I have time before I need to try this machine! Happy 4th!!
Rob

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
If I was you I'd leave it with just the two, this way you will get your own experinece of two vs four, and later you could share it with us.
I've always done only two on four blade impellers.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was the plan for now. Mostly cause I was to lazy to go get six more bolts, I have the nuts but somehow shorted my self the bolts. I've done impellor kits on two sears and another 10000 ariens Always did every blade, if I feel like it's not working as well as I'd like I can add the other blades. Probably when it's 20 degrees out.
Rob

·
Registered
725 Posts
It's July, why would you consider trying it half done now that you have done the hardest part?

It's bound to be less effective but from a balance standpoint I would not lose sleep over it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks jackmels and spectrum u are so correct. I'm sure I will be at the hard ware store before January. I will replenish my 1/4 20 stock! Thanks fellow freaks who look at snowblower forum in July!
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts