Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I keep reading about people putting an impeller kit on their snowblower and saying it does wonders. What exactly does the kit consist of and are they worth it?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
So I keep reading about people putting an impeller kit on their snowblower and saying it does wonders. What exactly does the kit consist of and are they worth it?
If you do a search here you will find many post and info.

And here is the kit though you can build your own.

SNOWBLOWER IMPELLER KIT

·
Registered
184 Posts
You can buy a kit for your 2 stage snowblower from snowblowerkit.com. Prices range from $25 to $30 and includes the correct rubber, bolts, nylock nuts, backing straps and easy to understand set of directions. I have 3 impeller 21" Troybilt / Bolens 5210 2 stage. If you measure the flat surface of the impeller kit he will custom cut the rubber and the backing straps so all you have do is remove the chute, mark the location of holes, drill the holes (I used a Harbor freight unibit clone stepped drill). Installation took about an hour and I had to custom fit the rubber and backing straps. Lube the inside of the housing with silicone spray or lanolin based Fluid Film to keep the rubber wipers from sticking to the bare metal (or rust)

Warning, these do not work with a single stage or a 2 stage with plastic impeller.

Bill

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Many of us here have fabbed our own from conveyor belting, baler belt, HDPE and etc. These things aren't real rocket science. All it amounts to is closing the excess gap found in many snowblowers. But, from personal experience I can tell you they really do work.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Many of us here have fabbed our own from conveyor belting, baler belt, HDPE and etc. These things aren't real rocket science. All it amounts to is closing the excess gap found in many snowblowers. But, from personal experience I can tell you they really do work.
Yes, they do work well. My 5 hp. Tecumseh 2 stage is a now a snow hurling machine after installing an impeller kit. I chose to eliminate the nearly 1/2" gap using the off the shelf kit. Sure, I could have bought alternative material but buying it in a kit made it MUCH EASIER. I don't have conveyor belts, baler belt, or HDPE lying around my shop.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts