Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings....I am new to the forum and have learned a great deal from the many informative posts by the members here.

I discovered this forum in December of 2018 after purchasing a 2015 Ariens Compact 24 920021 in never-used condition. Ironically, my area went on a snowless streak for about 5 weeks after my purchase.

In the past 1.5 weeks we've had 3 good storms that have dumped at least 5" of snow, so I was able get out and put the blower to work.

Granted, my only prior snow blower experience was with a little 5hp Craftsman singe stage, but I am super impressed with the Compact 24. I've been hitting full bucket height drifts, EOD mucky slush, and it just keeps eating and chugging through. During Saturday's storm, I had to be mindful of the deflector angle on the chute, or I would pelt the guys shoveling across the street with my discharge.....fun problem to have. :grin:

My only beef is with the factory headlight....at night it makes it impossible to see the gear selector...I found myself covering the light with my hand so I could see in which cog to put the selector. I think disabling that light and bright LEDs on the bucket are in my future.....

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Put some electrical tape or similar on top of the lens to stop the glare.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Yup, I think those were the years that Ariens started providing a sticker, to cover up the top of the light, which shines in your eyes. You could ask a local dealer if they have any of those. But barring that, like nwcove said, just put a strip of something on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Deluxe 24 and it has the decal on top of the headlight and I still find it difficult to see the gears to select. I think you'd be better off with some dark tape. Lol

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Glad your Ariens is working well. I'm a Toro guy but would be very happy to have an Ariens in my garage as well if the price was right. Congrats!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a new 24 sho and I find the dash difficult at night because... well it's black and its' dark. The light doesn't spill, but I did find myself putting my hand out to reflect light on the dash. Then I purchased one of these brim lights, they fit under your hat, they are rechargeable via USB and hands-free... you wave you hand over the front to turn it on/off. I'm new to this blower, so I probably won't need it after I get accustomed to the layout but for now it works quite well.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts