Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While watching a vid of a guy demonstrating the quick chute it looked like he was using less effort to turn the chute than my new Toro 826 seemingly needed so I shot a liberal amount of silicon spray up under the cover of where the turning gears are for the chute as well as around the base of the chute and now the thing spins like a top. Much less stress on the handle and ball mechanism on the console.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Good tip. Nice to review and as a reminder when we do our tuneups not forgetting that area.

I prefer to use synthetic oil as it lasts longer and doesn't thicken in the cold temps. I don't know what other lubes to use that don't thicken in the cold and are slippery, lithium and graphite just don't cut it for that application, possibly Fluid Film would work but I don't have any. Anyone who uses Fluid Film, would it work for this application?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If I didn't have electric chute controls, that's what I'd have. I think it's a great solution. NO CABLES which is a good thing.
Agreed a very intuitive design (probably the most among the currently available mechanical chute controls) as well as a good use of plastics/polymers. :wink2:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Here's a video showing a guy whaling on the plastic chute with a hammer at sub zero temps.

At 1.05 minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hksPi0nPtU0
I know I said it before, but I really like this design. That mechanical joystick is really ingenious.

As far as the guy hitting the plastic with a hammer, I think they cut the video when the plastic shattered and sent him to the hospital. (relax...just kidding around)

·
Registered
842 Posts
notice he releases the auger/impeller handle when changing direction? won't move otherwise,how do i know? own one. it can not be moved with snow going though it, binds up big time release the load bingo right away

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
notice he releases the auger/impeller handle when changing direction? won't move otherwise,how do i know? own one. it can not be moved with snow going though it, binds up big time release the load bingo right away
I can move mine while blowing snow, but, Yes, I do have to take my hand off the right (auger/impeller) control - because I don't have 3 hands ! The lever stays locked down by the interlock from the traction lever.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some problem with your chute, I can turn mine while its throwing snow.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I can move mine while blowing snow, but, Yes, I do have to take my hand off the right (auger/impeller) control - because I don't have 3 hands ! The lever stays locked down by the interlock from the traction lever.
wish mine did stay down, all of the adjustments are dead on .it just won't stay down, very hard to turn the chute when throwing snow. all three local dealers won't touch it because it came from snow blowers direct

·
Registered
842 Posts
mine doesn't 351beno has told me how to check and adjust

1 - 14 of 14 Posts