Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the float bowl off a Kawasaki 14HP single cylinder engine. This engine hasn't always had non-ethanol gas but it has since I've owned it. I've never had the carb apart in the 5 years I've owned it. So I'm guessing this jelly like substance has been kicking around in there and finally caused it to start running rough this past year. Maybe it was in the fuel tank and lines passing thru the engine for the most part and finally accumulated enough in the float bowl to cause problems.
At any rate it's an easy fix, just takes time to flush out all the passages of the carb with carb cleaner and air pressure.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have seen similar things inside of carb bowls on many of the machines I have worked on. I see it less now that 5 years ago. I think the public is getting smarter about using stabilizer and keeping water from getting in the tank. Keep in mind, It is not ethanol alone that causes that gunk It is ethanol plus water. Good post. Thanks.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick update. Disassembled the carb and soaked overnight in carb cleaner. Nasty stuff but it works! Tractor runs great now. I am so lucky to live near Indian reservation where I can buy 87 unleaded non-ethanol gas for only 10 cents more a gallon! Worth every penny!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts