Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Been cold enough in the mountains that some of the ski areas are able to do snow making, we expect the first ski hill to open anytime now. (Arapahoe Basin) But in the Denver metro area- been very warm too. This week we see a cool down, then return to warm temps. high tomorrow (Wed) will be 58, then thursday 62 then friday 73, saturday 74, Sunday 74. Bah humbug. It's a cruel winter summer I tell ya.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Live from THE PARADISE CITY!!!!!!!!

Going to be a little chilly willy here for the next couple of days. might even see a first frost but then it is back to the 60's for awhile.:eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
9,612 Posts
Been cold enough in the mountains that some of the ski areas are able to do snow making, we expect the first ski hill to open anytime now. (Arapahoe Basin) But in the Denver metro area- been very warm too. This week we see a cool down, then return to warm temps. high tomorrow (Wed) will be 58, then thursday 62 then friday 73, saturday 74, Sunday 74. Bah humbug. It's a cruel winter summer I tell ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vgyg22yjqY
I remember when that song was climbing the charts back in the early 80's. ahhhhh yes good times, good times.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Supposed to be close to 80F today, got nowhere near that yesterday. Today is supposed to be the end of it, then much cooler days ahead with frost in the evenings.

I'm sure they'll be some Indian Summer days once we get into Nov.

Snow, for some of us, can't be far away. I check the national snow cover map each day and see some folks have had respectable snowfall already :)

·
9,612 Posts
Yeah" well I can live without the white stuff for a long, long time that is 4 sure.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

·
Registered
485 Posts
It was 81 in Pecks Corner NY yesterday, 60's and rain for the next week according to the weather guessers...

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
I thought that the Indian Summer came after the first frost?
I think that's right!

But here in northeast Mass., we've had a couple of frosts... just barely. It's supposed to be 80 today... we're taking the dogs to the beach! :smile:

·
Registered
402 Posts
In the 70s yesterday, today upper 50s. It'll give me plenty of time to get the ol beast ready for when the bottom end drops out on this warm weather

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Remote areas of NW MA had 6" snow yesterday. One could haul out a machine for that much snow, right?

:snow48:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Remote areas of NW MA had 6" snow yesterday. One could haul out a machine for that much snow, right?

:snow48:
6"?? For sure you can!!! 😂

My philosophy is, if it won't melt on its own, then the blower is coming out. 😂

·
9,612 Posts
Still frost free here in the paradise city. hit 70 here today warm the rest of the week with WHAT ELSE more RAIN.:facepalm_zpsdj194qh:facepalm_zpsdj194qh

·
Registered
200 Posts
Out here near Denver, a few record highs in the past few weeks.

Local news 9 said it's only the 3rd October on record with no snow, and Denver was the 2nd warmest October on record, since they started keeping weather data in 1872!

Now into November and NO snow in the extended forcast.

Extended forecast for Denver shows lowest it's supposed to get during the days is 61, and at night 42.

Kinda glad, since I sold my ccr2000 last month and still haven't bought a new single stage yet.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
If our area gets another weak snow winter this year I am turning my old blower into something more useful......Ha Ha Ha Ha

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
63 in southern Wisconsin today. Will likely stay that way now that I have purchased a snowblower - and I would be fine with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts