Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im interested in 8526 listed on my local CL model #932105 serial # 026783,the seller says diamond pt 1.jpg

diamond pt 2.jpg

dp 3.jpg he thinks it was bought in 2007 0r 2008,just wondering if thats correct,most important is it a american built engine or is it chinese?Also is it a tecumseh or Briggs engine? i havent gone to look at it yet hopefully this weekend.in the pics it looks pretty clean,he says starts and runs good..hes asking $300.is offering around $200 a fair price if it is good shape?thanks for any info...

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I am not too up to date on the age of newer looking machines, but it looks plausible. As for the engine it looks like a Tecumseh L head based on the fuel tank.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Thats a pretty decent price, at $300. I would be asking around $400 for, if it was mine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just picked it up yesterday,only issue is when its running it surges alot but it starts right up ,stays running doesnt stall.does it sound like carb rebuild?

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Yea, sounds like the jets need cleaned. Does putting the choke on slightly cure the surging?

·
Registered
756 Posts
at full throttle and no load it is not that unusual for them to surge. Does it still surge if you put it in gear and hold back on it putting a load on the engine. Beings that it is used a good carb cleaning is still a good idea. Carl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts