Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a family friend pick this machine up today on the cape, i'll take delivery next week when i visit the family. Can someone confirm if this is the model with the 4.5hp suzuki 2 stroke motor? TIA

·
Registered
100 Posts
It is, they never made them with anything else. Other than the cosmetic rust it also looks to be in really good shape if its original. Its at least 20 years old, from the chromed handle and the shade of red probably more like 25.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
pull cords been replaced and scraper looks worn, use these to negotiate. make sure to let it run for about 5 minutes and then turn it off and try to restart it. if it wont restart without letting it coll down, the coils bad and you shouldnt buy it unless its dirt cheap. it is a very common and expensive failure on these ccr3000 and ccr2000 blowers, but if if its in good shape you will own one of the best single stages toro ever made

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pull cords been replaced and scraper looks worn, use these to negotiate. make sure to let it run for about 5 minutes and then turn it off and try to restart it. if it wont restart without letting it coll down, the coils bad and you shouldnt buy it unless its dirt cheap. it is a very common and expensive failure on these ccr3000 and ccr2000 blowers, but if if its in good shape you will own one of the best single stages toro ever made
I bought it sight unseen for $50, it starts but bogs under heavy load according to previous owner. Good running machines like this are going for $200+ around here, I felt $50 was worth taking a risk.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a CCR2000E. Only difference is the electric start. When mine bogs down I put some seafoam in it and it cures the problem.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Even at $50, watch out for $$$ replacement parts; I've owned two of them. Good machine when all is right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, all. I'm new here and this is my first post. I bought a used CCR2000 back in the nineties....it was a beast! It stayed at the house when I moved, so I had been searching for another and just located one a week ago. This one has electric start. I sanded most of the metal parts. Painted the chute and applied Herculiner to the side panels. Then I sprayed clearcoat on the plastics. I think it turned out pretty well. I'm ready now!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, Uber....thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, the machine runs like a champ....just like my previous one.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi, all. I'm new here and this is my first post. I bought a used CCR2000 back in the nineties....it was a beast! It stayed at the house when I moved, so I had been searching for another and just located one a week ago. This one has electric start. I sanded most of the metal parts. Painted the chute and applied Herculiner to the side panels. Then I sprayed clearcoat on the plastics. I think it turned out pretty well. I'm ready now!
First off Welcome Aboard! Secondly I've got a CCR1000 I use on my deck, something about Toro's single stage snowblowers, maybe the paddle design? They have been superior to everybody else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, Stromr....thanks for the welcome. Yeah, i made a nice score with this machine. It honestly looks new. It might be the last snowblower i ever buy. Lol. I have a Cub Cadet 149, and sold the snowthrower attachment for it. It worked great....just a pain to attach and remove.

·
Registered
14 Posts
First off Welcome Aboard! Secondly I've got a CCR1000 I use on my deck, something about Toro's single stage snowblowers, maybe the paddle design? They have been superior to everybody else.
Oh....and my father in law had a CCR 1000 for years and it worked great!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is a photo after the work was done...

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mooner, yours look very good, the time and effort spent on it shows.

Mine is in very good condition as it is, I am pretty sure I'll get to restoring it eventually, for the time being I was finally able to bring it home a couple of weeks ago as it spent most of this year down on the Cape, sitting in my uncle's garage.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It looks great! I have a 1998 3000 GTS, with the Suzuki 47P engine. I think in those age ranges, there were also Tecumseh engines available. I know when I bought mine there was a choice and the Suzuki was more expensive by maybe 100 bucks or so. It's been a good machine, I have replaced the carb due to wear in the throttle shaft that caused surging and sticking of the governor, but that's the only expensive repair its needed. Suzuki engine parts are a lot more than Briggs from my experience. Other than that, I replaced the belt once or twice and the paddles twice in about 18 years of use....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts