Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that is the question for those of us in the Northeast in 2020-2021.

Given the year 2020 has been, I suppose anything is possible.

Just for fun, how much snow (in inches) are we going to get? Will be interesting to look back in March/April 2021 and see how (in)accurate we will have been.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jury is out. I live in CT. It can either go like it did last year and only get one 10-in snow storm then the rest of the time was cold but rainy. I just redid all the bearings and pulleys and belts on my Ariens Platinum 30", but I never used it last year. I have a 42-in snowblower attachment on my John Deere tractor and I redid all the bearings belts and pulleys on that and used it that one storm. I think this year I will put the plow on instead for the tractor and use the Ariens.

I have heard that if we have a very active hurricane season that it takes all the atmospheric heat and throws it out to space and causes us to have a colder winter. It sounds like an old wife's tale but knowing how my luck is if I did not do all the maintenance work on my machines we would be buried in snow by now. Better to be prepared for anything as this year has been a raging dumpster fire !

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’m in the Hudson Valley and I’m guessing we get hit with a couple of good Nor’easter this year and a few smalls, 4“-6” storms.But then again I bought a new to me Toro 826 oae so probably no snow this year.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't know why . . . haven't seen any woolly bears at all this Fall. Actually, the past two years.
In the past. .. they were all over crossing country roads.

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
Okay, I see what you meant by NE USA (Northeastern USA). I thought you meant Nebraska USA.
hope not to see what you can get as i have been stranded on the side of I 80 heading up the grades into WY a few times to many when i was driving big rigs drifts right to the overpass bottoms up and over the roadside signs. knowing we have a few others who are retired over the road drivers they sure know what i mean .

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Yeah, with the past years and lack of snow, I'm definitely not holding my breath for much action. The weather guy says he thinks December is going to be warmer than normal for my region :(

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Second week of February a blizzard will hit the NE. :cool:
Give or take a week. :)

Reactions: Bassguitarist1985

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Last big storm in Central NJ was 4 years ago, and it was the kind of storm where you have to go inside and take a break for a couple of hours and then attack it, stage 2. I love the multi-stagers.

There's been only one or two barely blow-able snowfalls since.

We are due!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I predict CT and North snow, this Friday/Saturday coming up.
Some will be happy.
Rain down here. :(

Reactions: uberT

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I predict CT and North snow, this Friday/Saturday coming up.
It's pretty much guaranteed if my wife doesn't finish raking her leaf pile onto the tarp so I can drag it out back. It was two feet deep and 15 feet in diameter when I saw it this morning... And right in the middle of the driveway.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
It's pretty much guaranteed if my wife doesn't finish raking her leaf pile onto the tarp so I can drag it out back. It was two feet deep and 15 feet in diameter when I saw it this morning... And right in the middle of the driveway.
Yep, you will surly get to play in some snow up there. You might get hammered! 😁
I won't.

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
Last big storm in Central NJ was 4 years ago, and it was the kind of storm where you have to go inside and take a break for a couple of hours and then attack it, stage 2. I love the multi-stagers.

There's been only one or two barely blow-able snowfalls since.

We are due!
were you due for that 2 point 1 earth quake today at about 0630 am? seems the old ramapo has been active this year

reports are possible light coating for NW corner of jersey friday night to sat am.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Could be a interesting storm, looks like turning to snow up here.
Up where? That could be a lot of places?
Add it to your profile and it will show by your name.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts