Snowblower Forum banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yea I go around house also. Have 2 neighbors driveways I do also. So will be busy day for the power max

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
It seems like the weather folks are coming to an agreement on a 12" - 15" snowfall for much of MA back down towards Hartford. Far less for coastal of MA and Cape Cod. Sounds like the snow will be nice 'n' dry for many of us. Cold days ahead!

Reactions: chargin

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope its like last season. :)
2 storms totalling 13" *
Seeing that we already had 2 snowfalls so far this season totalling 4.5" . Hopefully this dumping totals 8.5" and we tie last years record.
I feel the snow seasons run a 3 season cycle and then taper for 1-2 seasons. Not a science, but a observant guess. So a mild winter with an average temp of 41 ,with random rain would be just fine with me.(praying) Plus ,we're caught up with the drought, so hopefully mother nature got all her precipitation out of her system this fall. I dont want a long slow winter, Covid 2020 was long enough.
I should bust out the ole skidoo , or plow , and use it as a snow scarecrow.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I hope its like last season. :)
2 storms totalling 13" *
Seeing that we already had 2 snowfalls so far this season totalling 4.5" . Hopefully this dumping totals 8.5" and we tie last years record.
I feel the snow seasons run a 3 season cycle and then taper for 1-2 seasons. Not a science, but a obsevant guess. So a mild winter with an average temp of 41 ,with random rain would be just fine with me.(praying) Plus ,we're caught up with the drought, so hopefully mother nature got all her precipitation out of her system this fall. I dont want a long slow winter, Covid 2020 was long enough.
I should bust out the ole skidoo , or plow , and use it as a snow scarecrow.

I don't mind the temps with rain.
HUSH your mouth with the word RAIN. :oops::) I want snow, all snow, with no rain.
Drought? A lot of snow in the mountains help with a drought.
Though where your at in the mini, there are not many mountains.
A long cold winter might freeze the virus out?
Got vaccine now anyway, we are good now. Uhh huh. :rolleyes:
Though they say it is only good for 6 months. :rolleyes:

Reactions: contender

·
Registered
261 Posts
HUSH your mouth with the word RAIN. :oops::) I want snow, all snow, with no rain.
Drought? A lot of snow in the mountains help with a drought.
Though where your at in the mini, there are not many mountains.
A long cold winter might freeze the virus out?
Got vaccine now anyway, we are good now. Uhh huh. :rolleyes:
Though they say it is only good for 6 months. :rolleyes:
I heard vaccine good for one year

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I heard they don't know how long the covid vaccine is good for ... ???

10 to 18 inches set for CT ... its the freakin freezing wind that I hate, not the snow ... :)

·
Super Moderator
1,607 Posts
looking at the reports there's a long section up north eastern PA and Nw nj in the mountain areas that MIGHT see 2 feet or more,
all the machines are ready for action. I don't know about this worn out old body thou as my back and bad knees are saying there's bad storm coming

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
One good thing, its supposed to be light and fluffy....

One bad thing, its supposed to be windy, and that means blowing in your face and back on your clean driveway and big drifts....

LOL ... always something..... I'll still take the light over the wet crap ....

·
Registered
471 Posts
Noice!

·
Super Moderator
1,607 Posts
closer it gets the more it looks like CN and western mass are going to get a lot also.
nj's governor has issued a state office close down at 1300 and state wide close down at 1400 . nw nj showing more of the 18 to 24 inch with possible higher numbers in the mountains at higher eleivations, starting to see a few flakes now and than now. at just about 1300

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Just pulled out all my gear, the nice high yellow rubber construction boots, the type that go over the my work boots, I used them all my life outside, they keep my feet warm and dry ... rubber always worked as a great insulator for me. My wrist warmers, cut from old socks and around my thumb, my cotton gloves inside my thermal waterproof mittens, my helmet liner, my scarf, layers of clothing, starting with insulated under armor, all topped with waterproof rain gear ... When i go out, I am dressed to the 9's, as I am not coming back in till I am done with all 3 double driveways ... Oh yeah, have a hardy breakfast as well, because its going to be a late dinner ... :)

btw, a little helpful hint, when putting your work boots into those fabric lined tall rubber construction boots, first put your work boot inside a plastic bag, like a Walmart bag or such. Work boots will now slide right in and come back out real easy.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Just pulled out all my gear, the nice high yellow rubber construction boots, the type that go over the my work boots, I used them all my life outside, they keep my feet warm and dry ... rubber always worked as a great insulator for me. My wrist warmers, cut from old socks and around my thumb, my cotton gloves inside my thermal waterproof mittens, my helmet liner, my scarf, layers of clothing, starting with insulated under armor, all topped with waterproof rain gear ... When i go out, I am dressed to the 9's, as I am not coming back in till I am done with all 3 double driveways ... Oh yeah, have a hardy breakfast as well, because its going to be a late dinner ... :)

btw, a little helpful hint, when putting your work boots into those fabric lined tall rubber construction boots, first put your work boot inside a plastic bag, like a Walmart bag or such. Work boots will now slide right in and come back out real easy.
That is a good ideal for old socks recycling.
I just found 2 that have holes, I use them for rags and other things.
Rap around your thumb?
Even though it is only 30* here now it is cold outside! Unless it is just age. :)
Just went out and put my frost guards on the windshields.
Any min now it will start, though if you look at the radar I am getting snow.
But there isn't any, not even a flake. :rolleyes:
And on the 16th day he said let there be snow..............and there was snow.:love:

I love it since I don't roll down the roads anymore.
If I was working today, they would have sent me half way into Pa on rt 80. It is a nice stop you back in and take a nap, they did all.
The only way I got the run is when it was supposed to snow, Pa is going to get hammered up the in the Pocono's.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Yeah, cut the sock at an angle, then notch it for your thumb ... then when you put your glove or mittens on, your wrist stays nice and warm .. that is always a freaking cold spot with my long arms, lol ....

Yeah, many years ago I made that rt 80 trek many times into PA from Jersey. I drove all my life, and retired from Amtrak now ... I hated driving in the snow the older you get with those trucks, especially the fuel truck ... I used to drive there buses as well up and down the north eastern corridor.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Reminds me of a Mary Poppins movie where the kids use what you do for gloves.:)

6500/7000/8500 gallon tankers here. Hazmat's.
As long as it was only me on then road, I used to love rolling on the snow.
Nice and quiet rolling down the road, challenging.(y)
That kept me awake.

Now a day it is pandemonium EVERYWHERE! :rolleyes:
And they tell you to leave the roads too. Nothing moves in an inch of snow, everywhere!
Don't matter what state, on the East coast.
100 plus chain accidents.......all over the states, I guess everyone has seen the results of those on the news?

Just started to snow now, I saw a flake, they were 2/3 hours wrong on the timing.
I wonder what else will change.

·
Super Moderator
1,607 Posts
Reminds me of a Mary Poppins movie where the kids use what you do for gloves.:)

6500/7000/8500 gallon tankers here. Hazmat's.
As long as it was only me on then road, I used to love rolling on the snow.
Nice and quiet rolling down the road, challenging.(y)
That kept me awake.

And they tell you to leave the roads too. Nothing moves in an inch of snow, everywhere!
Don't matter what state, on the East coast.
100 plus chain accidents.......all over the states, I guess everyone has seen the results of those on the news?

Just started to snow now, I saw a flake, they were 2/3 hours wrong on the timing.
I wonder what else will change.
just starting here also saw a few flakes earlier but thought it was blow around from the snow guns at the ski area 1/4 mile away. still in the pink zone for 18 to 24 here due to the mountain elevation

·
Registered
279 Posts
"out of abundance of caution" was the reason the school district gave for giving kids a Snow days off when a forecasted snow storm was coming. Many times, it was less than 8 inches. I'm blaming the weather channel for overhyping storms and schools overreacting.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
"out of abundance of caution" was the reason the school district gave for giving kids a Snow days off when a forecasted snow storm was coming. Many times, it was less than 8 inches. I'm blaming the weather channel for overhyping storms and schools overreacting.
Yeah, I had to walk a 3/4 of a mile to school in a blizzard. 3 foot of snow. :)
Small town, it had no busses.
I don't remember if we even, ever had a snow day off.

Reactions: captchas
101 - 120 of 156 Posts