Snowblower Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
This is the Berner finishing off the evil Sabercat I was working on a while ago.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm in Kingston. I think we got about 10" in all. It had the consistency of cement and I had to clear the driveway in the morning and again in the afternoon.

Where are you, Brad? I’m in Hanover. We only have ~8”, but it is as you said, heavy and wet. It wasn’t a pleasant snow blowing experience for me today.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm in southern Quebec and it will be the first time I didn't have to use the snowblower even once before Christmas. We had a couple snowless Christmases before, but we usually got 2 or 3 decent snowfalls in November/December which required blowing the driveway before melting down a few days later.

This year, in my area we haven't lost sight of the grass even once. We had about an inch which quickly melted down. The machine was ready in late October and hasn't seen any action since. :\ Some other areas an hour or two away are much luckier snow-wise.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi fellow "south quebecer", à peu près la même chose ici, quoi que la première neige au mois de novembre que l'on a reçu m'a permis de sortir ma 1 phase pour nettoyer le parking, ça lui a donné un peu d'exercice lol...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Finally . .. . will be getting the first meaningful snow fall this evening and over night.

At least 8" predicted.

It'll be nice while it lasts. By mid next week showing 40F and rain . . . 2020. . . weird year and weird winter. At least here anyway.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Northern Illinois here about to get the first real significant snow 4-7 inches, followed by ice/sleet/rain. Not ideal, but I'll take it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks like 5-9" on Fri. here in MN. Woo Hoo more testing time. Just got the kids bigger blower over to him last night. That Yardman 5hp engine is anemic so after this winter we are going to re-power it with a Predator 6.5 after he watched some of the videos with blowers that use the HF engine, he was impressed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In PA. Got my new HSS about 16 months ago. Only used it about 5 hours. Still waiting for a good Noreaster to come our way.

·
Super Moderator
1,607 Posts
nw nj, in dec. we had a 14 inch fall before xmas that was gone by, a dusting after it's cold yet every time a storm comes the air temp is to high for snow, weather report for us again is rain friday 01/15

·
Registered
1971-72 910962 s/n-03101 att.-910995 s/n-048006 TEC# H70-130067A s/n-1218R
68 Posts
We have flurries this morning, but sadly it will be 45 today! It seems like PA got more snow back in my youth! It’s too cold to bust out the bike, but no snow to bust out the blower. To the gun range it is!

·
Registered
385 Posts
The last time the Toledo forecast was for an inch of snow in Northern Ohio, we got 8".
They're predicting the same thing this weekend, so I'm off to ensure everyone is ready for a foot.
I can read the radar fairly well and find it just as accurate to look there and make my own prediction.
But Accu-Weather turns the gain on their radar up so high, Virga looks like snowfall.
Try the 'My Radar' app. It seems to be more representative of what is happening on the ground where we're at.

·
Registered
407 Posts
We got some snow for Christmas, and snow/ice mix, but it's been in the 30s-40s since. They're talking about getting some freezing rain tonight. On the bright side, it gave me some time to work out a few electrical gremlins in the John Deere.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts