Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and snow blower ownership. I tried to do my homework and found the final decision between Toro and Ariens to be a coin toss. I bought a Toro 1028, have had it for two months and because Maryland has missed most of the storms this year, only used it once, no complaints about it's performance. Anyway, I was looking around for some accessories this weekend and discovered Toro has discontinued everything snow blower related. I couldn't find anything on the net about what they're doing but did find this forum and thought maybe some of you may know what's going on. I'm now a little worried that my choice of Toro was a huge mistake, if the company is turning it's back on this product line especially if I ever need parts I may ge out of luck. So does anyone know what's going on at Toro???

Thank You
Bill

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice choice with the Toro. It was a coin toss for me as well, but I chose the Ariens. Anyways to shed some light on your questions, I wouldn't be too concerned. I'm not in retail or manufacturing, but my understanding and observation is that snowblowers/accessories are seasonal products much like clothing, for example if you're trying to find a winter coat and gloves this late in the season you'd be hard pressed to find much select or anything at all. Right now everyone's gearing up for spring and summer. Manufacturers only produce a projected amount of product usually based on historical trends and previous sales because they won't earn a profit if they have to clearance everything at end of a season. No worries, if you keep looking you might be able to find some overstock items, but since manufacturers are gearing up for spring and summer, they aren't making any more snowblowers/accessories. They'll still make accessories for previous models, most often the newer models use the same frames just upgrade the peripherals (dash, platics, tires, logos, etc.) so I'm sure you'll find plenty selection this coming fall, heck I can still find accessories for my 18 year old MTD Snowblower. Hope this helped :D

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Anyway, I was looking around for some accessories this weekend and discovered Toro has discontinued everything snow blower related.

Thank You
Bill
If you mean that there were things in the stores earlier this winter, but there arent now, (Like at Home Depot) all that means is that the "snowblower season" is about over for this winter, and all the snowblower stuff is being removed from the stores..they remove it simply because Spring is coming..this happens every year..

could that be all you were seeing? just a seasonal shift?

Scot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I was referring to searching dealers inventories, primarily online. The seasonal supply certainly makes sense, I'm sure yor're right. Seems the dealers could find a better availability comment like "sold out for the season" rather than "discontinued by manufacturer".
Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree. I was a little puzzled :confused: when I was on snowblowersdirect and saw many snowblowers labeled as "discontinued" rather than "out of stock" or "sold out". It's not like snowblowers need redesigning every other year... if they did I'd lease one :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts